Enhance Your ReSharper Evaluation Experience with v3.0 Beta2

ReSharper 3.0 is available as Beta2. Beta2 is a lot more stable than Beta and includes the following improvements:

• Options dialog is ready. The dialog reflects the different options ReSharper provides you, with many descriptions.
  • VS keyboard scheme. You can choose from the Visual-Studio-friendly keyboard shortcuts or those IntelliJ-IDEA-inspired ones we used to have in previous versions of ReSharper. You are prompted to select your preferred shortcut layout during the first start of the product. You can also switch layouts later via the Options dialog.
  • Unit testing debugging fixed.
  • ASP problems fixed (highlighting, in particular).
  • Performance and memory usage improved.
  • Numerous other bugs fixed.

Enhance your ReSharper evaluation experience – download Beta2 at http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/beta.html.

Develop with pleasure!

- Team JetBrains

This entry was posted in News and Events. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Enhance Your ReSharper Evaluation Experience with v3.0 Beta2

1. Is there a problem with this installer? I get an “Error reading file…” when I run it.

2. orangy says:

I’ve just downloaded it to my home computer and it runs just fine. It looks like download was incomplete or local file system is failing. Could you please try to download it once again?

3. Wierd. I download with IE6, and the installer doesn’t work. I download with FireFox 2, and it works.

4. Lex Mark says:

This Beta 2 as well as Beta 1 cannot coexist with UnitRun 1.0. Wish the final version or next build will fix this bug.

5. orangy says:

Lex Mark,

Neither version of ReSharper will be able to coexist with UnitRun. But you don’t need to – ReSharper includes unit testing features by itself. Is there any reason you need ReSharper AND UnitRun installed on the same machine?

6. Jeremy Wiebe says:

I just installed Beta 2 (after having used Beta 1 for a while) and many of the ReSharper menu items are now disabled. I cannot even access the options for ReSharper. Does Beta 2 add limitations on usage?

7. orangy says:

Jeremy,

There are some issues found with upgrade from beta to beta2. Please check this discussion thread: http://www.intellij.net/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=267759&tstart=0

8. I tried the installer on a machine with Orcas, and it doesn’t work. Any idea when a version will be available that works with Orcas? Yes, I realize Orcas is only in Beta itself…

9. orangy says:

Did you try following installation instructions to install on Orcas?