Your wait is almost over: ReSharper 4.5 has gone public beta, and the official release is just a few weeks away!
After significantly expanding the set of ReSharper features in previous releases, we’ve shifted focus to the issues of performance and memory usage. Making the tool more agile, robust and responsive was our main goal when developing ReSharper 4.5.
ReSharper 4.5 brings a wide-ranging set of improvements that go way beyond performance enhancements:
- Performance and memory consumption: When working on large solutions, you’ll feel a great deal of difference between ReSharper 4.0 and 4.5.
- New solution-wide warnings and suggestions: Analyze usage of non-private types and type members within your whole solution.
- Visual Basic 9 support: ReSharper’s cross-language refactorings and editing experience enhancements now provide support for VB9 code.
- Extended setup for naming conventions, which are now supported by all ReSharper features.
- New Inline Field refactoring and enhancements in existing refactorings.
- Go to Implementation: Go from usage of a class or method straight to its end implementation, bypassing abstract classes and/or interfaces.
To get your hands on the public beta, download it now!