ReSharper 6 RC2; EAPs for dotCover, dotTrace Performance

We have a new ReSharper build for you available: ReSharper 6.0 Release Candidate 2.

RC2 removes a few more outstanding cases of good-code-red, ensures that ReSharper takes the Suppress warnings project property into account, fixes a pack of issues related to the Find Code Issues window and solution-wide analysis.

In other news, we have opened Early Access Programs for dotCover 1.1.1 and dotTrace 4.5.1 Performance — new minor versions of the code coverage tool and the profiler tailored specifically to support ReSharper 6. We’ve received a lot of complaints on ReSharper 6 not being able to integrate with dotCover and dotTrace Performance, and these EAPs will hopefully take this pain away.

This entry was posted in News and Events and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to ReSharper 6 RC2; EAPs for dotCover, dotTrace Performance

1. Joe White says:

Does RC2 fix the problem with the test runner not being able to run inherited MSTest tests? (RSRP-273403)

I like R#6, but I don’t like it ignoring lots of our tests.

2. @Joe
    As far as I’m aware this one hasn’t been fixed. Unfortunately fixes are no longer made in 6.0 as the release is too close. I’ll make sure this is fixed for the initial bug fix update.

3. Steven Hwang says:

Just a question about the direction of later DotCover releases: Will you provide a feature that allows for a user to open a saved coverage session for testing stand alone applications and continue with more testing? It would be very useful to save my progress in testing and continue later when I am attempting to reach the goal of >95% coverage instead of starting from 0% each time I open a test coverage session.

4. Ruslan Isakiev says:

Hello Steven,
    Do you mean the ability to restore results obtained during coverage analysis of the previous unit test session after VS restart?

5. Steven Hwang says:

No, that works fine. I am speaking of covering a stand alone application and doing manual testing. When I set aside time to test the lastest build of the application I can get up to ~40% of coverage. I would like the ability to open a saved snapshot continue testing my application with code coverage starting at ~40%. Can DotCover do this?

6. Ruslan Isakiev says:

Hello Steven,
    That’s an interesting usecase. Currently there is no special UI for this, but it is still possible to do what you’ve asked for. dotCover can merge multiple snapshots. You can perform several sessions of manual testing with enabled coverage analysis, save snapshots and merge them with console runner. Afterwards you can open snapshot with aggregated info and work with it.
    I’ve added your feature request to our backlog. We’ll think about ways to simplify such kind of tasks. Thank you for the feedback.

7. Steven Hwang says:

Your suggestion works great, but certainly the feature would be valuable to have and save me from doing extra work.