ReSharper 6.1.1: New Maintenance Release Available

Did you report issues with ReSharper 6.1? Did you take part in the latest early access program? If you did, chances are that your efforts are now being rewarded: we have just made available ReSharper 6.1.1: a new maintenance release of the awesome Visual Studio productivity tool.

Let’s put it this way: if you’re fine with version 6.1, you probably shouldn’t be upgrading to 6.1.1. However, if you’ve been experiencing any of these 40 bugs with 6.1 that are now fixed, go on and download ReSharper 6.1.1.

Most prominent issues resolved for 6.1.1 include code cleanup options not being saved under the new settings engine (RSRP-287390), removing necessary import directives on code cleanup (RSRP-287334), bogus ambiguous reference errors in .cshtml files (RSRP-286884), and file masks applied to a broader set of files than expected (RSRP-287762). Here’s the entire list of fixes.

Enjoy!

This entry was posted in News and Events and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to ReSharper 6.1.1: New Maintenance Release Available

1. Rangoric says:

Bogus Ambiguous References gone thank GOD. Talk about a killer.

2. Richard says:

Shame you couldn’t fix *all* of the problems with the new settings:

3. Hi Richard,
    Thanks for the bug report. We’ll see if we can roll out a new minor release in some time with a fix to this problem.

4. Gleb says:

Hello, thanks for another maintenance release.
    I’ve noticed something strange when I develop using MVC 3 in VS 2010. I use build 6.1.42.60.
    When I write JavaScript code and hit ‘ symbol – Resharper inserts one symbol. Then I hit ‘ symbol again, straight after the first one – and 2 symbols are inserted, so I end up having 3 symbols instead of 2. That only happens if the symbol isn’t the first in the line – if it’s first, then everything’s ok.
    Is that how it supposed to work? Because no one else saw it, as far as I can tell

5. Hi Gleb,

We’re aware of this. As a workaround, please turn off the ‘Auto-Insert Parent Brackets, Parentheses and Quotes’ in “ReSharper | Options | Environment | Editor” dialog.

6. Brian Chavez says:

This is still an issue with ReSharper in 6.1.1.

7. Gleb says:

Any plans to support Code Contracts in future versions?

8. @Gleb
    This is unlikely. Please see this comment for an explanation.

9. Tim says:

Great news on the new R# release. When is a compatible version of DotCover expected?

10. @Tim
    ReSharper 6.1.1 should work fine with dotCover 1.2. Doesn’t this combination work for you?

11. Andrew says:

It’s great that you’ve released this version; unfortunately, we still can’t use it because it still does not work with NUnit in Silverlight 5 projects.

12. @Andrew Can you point me to a bug report describing this problem?

13. Andrew says:

Hi Jura,

Well, it all boils down to the inability to run NUnit tests in v6.1 against SL5 (R# 5.x worked just fine with SL4). I rebuilt nunit-silverlight (http://code.google.com/p/nunit-silverlight/) for SL5 (same trick worked for R#5.1 and SL4), but that didn’t help. If you know a way to run NUnit tests against SL5.0 in Resharper, please tell us :)

Few more links –

Regards,
    Andrew

14. Thanks Andrew,

I’ve submitted a separate request at http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RSRP-288627 since the search that you were referring to didn’t seem to return any unresolved issues on NUnit and SL.

Please watch the request and let’s see how this can be addressed.

15. Tim says:

@Jura Dotcover 1.2.384.4 is not working with ReSharper 6.1.1000.82. I get the following exception:

System.TypeInitializationException : The type initializer for ‘Chameleon.Daemon.ExchangeGateway.Tests.Services.Prices.MarketPriceProviderTests’ threw an exception.
    —-> System.MissingMethodException : Method not found: ‘Void System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute.JetBrains_Profiler_Core_Instrumentation_Begin(UIntPtr ByRef)’.

16. @Tim
    Do you happen to have BugAid installed?
    We have a reported issue describing the general problem and a workaround for cases where the problem is caused by installing BugAid

17. Tim says:

@Jura

Ah yes I had installed BugAid a while ago and un-installed it. Didn’t realize that there were lingering side-affects. All good now. Thanks.

18. Gleb says:

Also guys, there’s a problem with intellisense in MVC app Razor views.
    I have a line that says @Html.ActionLink(item.Id, “/some/fancyUrl”)
    when I try to insert Convert.ToString call before item.Id, I type Convert.ToS, intellisense suggests ToString method, I hit Enter – and it becomes @Html.ActionLink(Convert._ (item.Id), “/some/fancyUrl”)
    That happens only if the line have content after Convert call – otherwise all is good.
    Are you aware of that situation? I’m using VS2010, Win7 Premium x64, R# build 6.1.1000.82 if that helps

19. @Gleb
    Thanks for the report. No this is not a known problem.
    I have filled a bug report that I hope you can watch and reply to any additional inquiries that we may have.
    On another note, have you tried using surround templates for this particular purpose?

20. Gleb says:

@Jura
    No, I haven’t tried surrounding templates. Actually, I didn’t know it exists – R# functionality is so broad:)

21. Gleb says:

also, when writing MVC Razor view, I type if and Resharper suggests IFilterProvider, no matter whether I put @ before if or not. Is that how it’s supposed to work?

22. Gleb says:

I didn’t mean if in dashes, I mean ordinary if :)

23. @Gleb
    This is a known issue that is yet to be resolved. However, there’s a workaround documented in the comments to the issue.

24. Alex says:

Can anybody tell me if last version of resharper and vs2010 is still slow as HELL?

if yes, I still can’t believe that your still releasing a crappy slow product on version 6..

Can’t you just make it modular or something so that we can disable all stupidities..

I tried the EAP and it might do tons of things but wow i would use only like 5/100 of resharper and it still slow my VS as much as if i had a 386…

IT’S NOT JUST SLOW.. IT’S CRAZY SLOW

Is it VS or you i don’t know and don’t care but you both should be ashame of releasing crappy overpriced product with tons of bugs.. you should sort things out before putting us as your f… beta testers..

AND NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE STEPS…. you have your own software test it out DAMMIT.

25. Alex says:

HOW MANY PEOPLE LOST HOW MANY TIME USING your resharper slowing VS down like hell product..

XAML editing being the worst nightmare ever in VS2010 and resharper.

Sorry for being mad, it’s just that i’m tired of this bullshit.. it’s always the same thing..

We become the beta tester without knowing it.. we debug, debug, debug..
    and so much bugs are found but afterwards you go
    go on websites and see that everybody have the same things and post everywhere but no awnser , no service, no nothing… no bug fixes… etc… what is the point!!!

After you ask for the step when it’s clearly something everybody have…

Like the lost of font highlighting, where you need to go in options/font just to fix it everytime i open a project!!! this is CRAZY..

is it a video driver bug, windows bug, visual studio bug, your bug… I DON’T CARE, it’s YOUR responsability to find the source of those bugs and have them fixed..

26. @Alex
    Wow, you seem to be having a hard time.
    You can go on if you like.
    As soon as you’ve calmed down, let us know, and we’ll be able to look at your specific environment and what kind of issues you’re effectively having.

27. Gleb says:

Are you planning to have another maintenance release, or the next R# version will be R# 7? Cause I think Razor support is kinda buggy :(

28. @Gleb
    We’re not currently planning more 6.x maintenance releases as we’re focused on releasing v7 soon.
    Aside from the IntelliSense issues that you described above, what is bothering you with Razor support in 6?