ReSharper 8.0.1 is Available

Today we’re making available the official bug fix update to ReSharper 8: please download and try ReSharper 8.0.1.

The final build of ReSharper 8.0.1 contains 130+ fixes in areas such as:

• Unit test runner (freezes, crashes, incorrect test status, conflicts with NUnit Test Adapter etc.)
  • Export of settings
  • Code analysis (second check expression in a double-check lock reported as always true)
  • UI (License Information dialog box, VS2008 and VS2012 integration cosmetics)
  • Internationalization (Move HTML to Resource not working)
  • Code completion (double completion lists, broken IntelliSense in projects targeting Windows 8.1)
  • Performance (mostly with unit test runner and CSS)

For the entire list of fixes, please see ReSharper 8.0.1 release notes.

As ReSharper 8.0.1 is now available, we’re focusing on the next release: ReSharper 8.1. It is expected to include TypeScript support; improve JavaScript support, Project Dependency Viewer and Visual Studio 2013 integration; and fix the most common usability issues with custom DPI settings. Stay tuned!

This entry was posted in News and Events and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to ReSharper 8.0.1 is Available

1. Chris Marisic says:

8.1, xunit support out of box!

2. @Chris Can you explain why do you feel this is needed?
    We feel that there’s very little sense in that considering how easy it has become to manage plug-ins with the Extension Manager.

3. Peter Ĺ ulek says:

Any ETA for 8.1 (especially for TypeScript support) ?

4. @Peter We’re aiming for end of this year, can’t give a more precise estimate right now.

5. Daniel D says:

Is the parallel unit sessions fixed vor mstest in this build?

6. @Daniel Looks like you’re referring to RSRP-383002 and I’m afraid we’ve had to postpone it to 8.1.

7. ta.speot.is says:

Looks like whatever caused Visual Studio to crash when I used Intellisense on types with nested generics is fixed.

Thanks guys.

8. @ta.speot.is Great to hear that. Enjoy v8!

9. Craig Dean says:

Errr… RSRP-380696? It’s a pretty bad regression.

Also any chance of extending the Unit Test runner in a later version to store and compare test runs (since VS2012&13 dropped the feature)? Being able to see which tests are newly broken/passed would be a real boon to testing productivity and TDD workflows.

Also, there used to be a great plugin for Code Contracts that auto-synced Contract.Requires and Ensures with the NotNull R# contracts. Any chance of built in Code Contract support in a future version as it’s heavily used in the base class libraries now?

Thanks.

10. Guest says:

Please improve performance. I have the feeling that 8 is slower than 6.

11. @Craig RSRP-380696 is scheduled for 8.1, hope it makes it there safely.

Regarding the Unit Test Runner, we don’t have a test run comparer in mind right now.

As to contracts, I’d appreciate if you recall the name of the plug-in because I’m really not sure what plug-in is this. In my knowledge, the only plug-in to contain transformations related to Code Contracts is ActiveMesa R2P, and it’s available from ReSharper 8 Extension Manager.

12. @Guest

Unfortunately we can’t make any conclusions based on your feeling but if you take a performance snapshot of Visual Studio with v8 (ReSharper > Help > Profile Visual Studio) and comment it describing what exactly you think is working slower than v6, we’ll be happy to look at it and investigate. Thanks

13. Michael says:

I’ve noticed a sharp decline in performance from v7 to v8 in Visual Studio 2012. On my machine, VS steadily increases memory utilization for as long as ReSharper is enabled. When I disable it, things go back to normal. In addition, relatively simple things like Intellisense takes up to 45 seconds before displaying the dropdown list. Again, once ReSharper is disabled, things go back to normal.

My machine’s configuration: Core i7 (8 cores), 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Win7-64 Bit.

14. Rob Kent says:

You could provide a warning BEFORE I install that my current licence does not support this version. Snooze…

15. @Michael
    Thanks for letting us know. Lags like this are certainly not normal.
    I suggest that you take a performance snapshot of Visual Studio (or several snapshots if needed) using ReSharper > Help > Profile Visual Studio and send the snapshot(s) to JetBrains so that we can investigate what’s hindering performance.
    Thanks!

16. guest says:

Same here. I’m also regressing back to v7.
    Not to mention v8 is slow as hell… I have a fast i7 machine with a super-fast SSD – and resharper 8 still manages to slow the entire IDE down… (VS 2012 Upd 3, Win 8.1 x64) the first few minutes after opening a project is a very unpleasant experience with R# 8 – I type a couple of characters and VS becomes unresponsive, after several seconds the editor comes back to life but the code intellisense and auto-completion is gone, and a strange blank tooltip window hovers over my code which can’t be removed… Things start to get better after working with the project for several minutes.

17. Nathan says:

You mentioned that 8.1 will include “Visual Studio 2013 integration” at the bottom of your post. What does that mean? From my understanding Resharper 8 is supposed to support VS 2013, its your #1 reason to upgrade to Resharper 8. I am experiencing issues with Resharper refactoring in VS 2013, hoping this an error on my part.

18. @Nathan The post says “ReSharper 8.1… is expected to… improve JavaScript support, Project Dependency Viewer and Visual Studio 2013 integration”. We’re talking about improving Visual Studio 2013 integration, not introducing it.
    For details how ReSharper 8.1 improves VS2013 integration, please read the 8.1 EAP announcement post.

19. @Nathan I suggest that you report your refactoring issues to ReSharper support. This will help understand whether there’s a user error on your side or there’s a bug in ReSharper that needs to be addressed. Thanks!