IntelliJ IDEA Introduces Breakthrough Voice Control Functionality

IntelliJ IDEA 8.1 brings you a full-fledged voice control plugin to help you code even faster than before.

Now you can associate a voice command with any action — just like a keyboard or mouse shortcut, and IntelliJ IDEA will literally listen to you, immediately carrying out the required action when you speak the magic words.

To see this feature in action, watch this short live demo we have prepared for you.

This entry was posted in News & Events. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA Introduces Breakthrough Voice Control Functionality

1. warjan says:

I’m speechless :D.

2. fastTypist says:

This is really cool! Works great for me. Still having some little issues with the mic sensitivity though.

3. dric says:

Any support for pair programming planned? I miss the ability to switch the voice scheme quickly. Or am I missing something?

4. Stephan Anft says:

Nice one! I am just hoping that Intellij IDEA 9 will bring the “Brain control plugin” on April, 1st next year ;-)

5. dric, voice schemes are on the to-do list. You might want to check EAP soon for an update :)

6. Wesslan says:

“Produce great code!”
    *nothing*
    “Produce great code, please?”
    *Producing great code*

7. Nice feature, I already use it when I’m late at work.
    Here’s how:
    1) Phone office and ask your collegue to turn on your pc and everything.
    2) Ask him to leave the receiver by the mic.
    3) Code by voice while fast driving.
    4) Issue a bug ticket whenever you need to repair your car bumpers wrecked by some tree / guardrail / other car on the way to the office.
    Just to remind that today is April 1st…

8. Gordo n J Milne says:

I spy a “lirpaloof”!

9. dan says:

was this a 1st of april joke? can not find any trace of it on the plugins site. remember I saw it once.

10. Jan says:

Pair programming is THE FEATURE I miss. Definitly

or JetBrains internally or
    Floobits integration

Please prefer that instead of “Voice controlling”