IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.1 released

IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.1, the first bugfix update for IntelliJ IDEA 9, is now available. With almost 200 resolved issues in such areas as Flex support, version control integration, Groovy support and others, it’s a strongly recommended upgrade for all users of both Ultimate and Community editions of IntelliJ IDEA 9.

Download IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.1 now, and check the release notes for the new update.

This entry was posted in News & Events and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.1 released

1. William says:

Ok, stupid question but here it is – how do I update IntelliJ to 9.0.1? I went to file-settings-updates, downloaded the 9.0.1 update and it created a file in my /tmp directory called jetbrains.patch.jar.Idea. I’ve tried a variety of things and many searches but cannot figure out how to apply the update.

2. Noel says:

William, same here in both Windows and Linux. It appears to download something but when it restarts, nothing changes. I had to upgrade using the full installer.

3. Craig says:

Anybody figure out what to do with jetbrains.patch.jar.Idea yet?

4. Tarvo says:

Hi, Here’s what I found out. etbrains.patch.jar.Idea is actually a jar file. I renamed downloaded file and after some trial error experiments found this: java -cp jetbrains.patch.jar com.intellij.updater.Runner install /home/tarvo/Apps/idea-IC-93.13/
    This patched intellij.

5. Gabe says:

Hey, that worked well, even for 9.0.2 CE! Thanks!

6. HK Santosh says:

It works with 9.0.3 as well! This should be documented under HOW-TO’s for quick reference

7. hasUpdate says:

Hi, it worked for 9.0.4 CE, too! Thanks Tarvo.

8. jan says:

Same problem here (ultimate/windows 7).
    Anyone knows where this patch is saved on windows or if i can download it separatly?