IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2

IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2, is now available with a significant number of improvements in addition to a great deal of fixes.

Frameworks and technologies support

IDE features, UI & Usability

• Support for vertical indent guides in editor (Settings | Editor | Appearance | Show vertical indent guides)
  • “Show in Explorer”/”Reveal in Finder” actions in context menu
  • Improved detection of project indexes rebuild necessity on IDE startup
  • Code sample preview for several programming languages (currently implemented for Java, JavaScript, PHP).
  • Possibility to attach source to decompiled class file directly from edit window
  • Support for autoboxing when evaluating expressions in Java debugger
  • UML diff tool
  • New SQL and HQL consoles
  • Inline display (folding) for values of Spring property placeholders
  • Improved support for remote projects (via FTP/SFTP, mount/share)

The update is a strongly recommended upgrade for all users of both Ultimate and Community editions.

Check out the complete list of changes and download IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2.

Develop with pleasure
-The JetBrains Team

This entry was posted in News & Events and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2

1. Gus says:

As a proud Idea Ultimate user, I congratulate this excellent release.

Is this likely the last feature release of Idea on the 9.0 branch? What’s in store for 10.0?

Just curious…

2. Kevin Corcoran says:

Will the Help -> Check For Update… menu support patching from 9.0.1 -> 9.0.2 ? As of now, it still only recognizes the 9.0.2 Release Candidate (build 95.4).

3. yole says:

Gus,
    There will definitely be more 9.0.x releases, and some new features will appear in those, although most likely not as many as in 9.0.2. We haven’t yet announced the roadmap for IDEA 10.

4. Geoffrey De Smet says:

This release fixes a lot of papercuts for me.
    The most notorious papercut is issue 420, which was really annoying on Linux (about time it’s fixed!).
    Great release :)

5. Kevin Corcoran says:

To follow up on my earlier post, the Check For Update… window now recognizes and patches 9.0.2.

Awesome release – thanks!

6. Eric Smith says:

Once again some great improvements to “develop with pleasure” !!!!

7. Wille says:

It seems to me that this release has badly broken the Scala plug-in: running any main-class will result in a crap-load of compiler errors. Even the simplest “Hello World!” wont launch:
    object Main{
    def main(args: Array[String]) = println(“hello”)
    }

8. Ilya Sergey says:

Hi, Wille.

Please, check that you use the same version of compiler and libraries for Scala code. It could have been changed accidentally via Scala facet. Anyhow if it’s reproducible, more information about compiler errors would be very helpful.

Cheers!
    Ilya

9. Wille says:

Hi,
    I reinstalled 9.0.1, so no longer having the problem, though regressing the version is a definite workaround..

However: I made sure from the Scala facet that the compiler and library version matched (2.8.0.Beta1, which was not a problem with previous versions).

The issue presents itself when trying to run an object with a main-method: the error refers to a IndexOutOfBoundsException in the plugin ScalacRunner or something to that effect.

10. Bruce says:

This is one of the big reasons to love Intellij and the guys at Jetbrains. They’re always working hard to make things better. I’m really glad I’ve decided to go with Intellij for my flex development and java development.

11. Guy Spillman says:

I’m having the same problem as Willie. A stack-trace is pasted below. This error is reproducible using the code from the “Getting Stated with Scala Plugin” example.

Scalac internal error: class java.lang.ClassNotFoundException [java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217), java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method), java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205), java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321), sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294), java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266), java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:334), java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method), java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:186), org.jetbrains.plugins.scala.compiler.rt.ScalacRunner.main(ScalacRunner.java:72)]

12. Romain says:

I have exactly the same error :

I just installed IntelliJ 9.0.2 with OpenJDK 64bit 1.6.0_18
    I use scala 2.8.RC2 and my scala IntelliJ plugin is 0.3.1156

I was trying to compile the classic HelloWorld

object HelloWorld {
    def main(args: Array[String]) {
    println(“Hello, world!”)
    }
    }

I checked that doing it with “scalac HelloWorld.class && scala HelloWorld” just works fine.

Thanks for your help

Romain

13. Elazar Leibovich says:

@Guy, any news about the scala problem?

14. Ismo Laitela says:

Having exactly the same stack trace with ultimate version when trying to compile any scala files, please help!

15. Sander says:

I also cannot compile Scala with IDEA 9.0.2, and Scala version 2.8.0RC1. I get the same stacktrace as Romain and Guy.

A workaround seems to be switching to Java 5. See http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/SCA/Getting+Started+with+IntelliJ+IDEA+Scala+Plugin?focusedCommentId=33456959#comment-33456959

16. Joe says:

I’ve just upgraded from 8.1 to 9.0.2 and I cannot install the downloaded DMG on a MacBook Pro running 10.6.4.

Trying to mount DMG tells me that the checksum verification failed.

I’ve tried downloaded the DMG from here:

using Chrome and Safari.