IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.1 update available for download

If you are using IntelliJ IDEA 10.5, here is a bugfix update — IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.1.

If you were hesitating and waiting for a first fix update, go get IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.1 now.

If you want to know what’s been fixed — check out the list of resolved issues and download the update.

Develop with pleasure!
The IntelliJ IDEA Team

This entry was posted in News & Events and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.1 update available for download

1. Dan Stefan Oprean says:

Idea needs some more Mercurial/Bitbucket love, currently it’s unworkable without the workbench sitting behind, any idea when this will happen?

2. adam00 says:

Scalatest is broken in this version. It is not showing failed tests.

3. Marcelo says:

Hi
    I am trying to evaluate IntelliJ as a possible alternative for the company I work to develop Flex projects faster.

I couldn’t though make our build work with 10.5.

Could you take a look? I opened a question in StackOverflow:

I looked at the list of resolved issues and nothing seems to closely match my problem.

Thanks
    Marcelo

4. Alexander Doroshko says:

@Marcelo Built-in compiler shell in IntelliJ IDEA doesn’t support ancient Flex SDK 3.0.0. Please consider updating.

5. Meletis Margaritis says:

I accidentally hit on Hide this update from within the IDE and not I can not undo this action in order to download the update and I don’t want to download the whole package from scratch. Is it possible to unhide hidden updates?

6. magicprinc says:

+1 for Mercurial ;-)

7. Johan Rylander says:

I upgraded and cannot login to my svn repo any longer. Authentication fails. It works from cmd line. Is it possible that the upgrade broke this, any cache file/files to delete to make it work?

Best regards – awesome product btw
    /Johan

8. AngryBrains says:

As a long time, loyal IntelliJ IDEA user I am getting more and more angry using IDEA.

I can not develop with pleasure with IDEA anymore. It has become so buggy. Many new features are incomplete and many old features have lots of regression bugs.

Fix them! Rather than expanding your product portfolio at the cast of reduced quality.

9. Shanbo Li says:

Hi there,

I am using IntelliJ IDEA for 4 years. Since 6.0
    But now I feel like it is getting slow and slow.
    I have a class of around 8000 lines (for legacy reason). And a single line of change takes very long time to response and analyze.

Please consider to make it faster. Thanks.

Anyway, I will still use IntelliJ IDEA. It maybe not the fastest one, but definitely the smartest one. And I still feel I am developing with pleasure!

BR,
    Shanbo

10. trespasserw says:

@Shanbo Please take a CPU snapshot and file an issue in a tracker. Thank you.

11. Domingos Neto says:

I confirm I have the same issue as Shanbo Li. IntelliJ is very slow to edit large .java files and it gets stuck at 100% cpu while I type.

12. Steve Lewis says:

I run INtelliJ on several machines and in all I find that when I start Intellij it finds the 10.5.1 patch and asks to install it. It downloads and installs the patch and restarts as 10.5.1. However the next time I click in link in the taskbar it asks AGAIN to download the patch. I have done this several times and unless it uses version in the name invalidating my link I have not idea why this happens but I am getting very tired of continually installing this patch

13. trespasserw says:

@Steve
    if you’re on Windows 7/Vista you need administrator rights to upgrade IDEA.

14. trespasserw says:

@Domingo
    I too confirm we have the same issue as with Shanbo Li :) Please take a CPU snapshot and file an issue.

15. psql says:

I made a jump from version 6 the the version 10.5. The main problem I encounter is speed, 10.5 is slow to start, and to work with, very slow. Make it useless. for many projects I went back to the old version, does not look so good, but it works! I use ubuntu, with Xeon 3 (64), and 10GB ram. Will be nice to do something about it.

16. Hoppy says:

Is there an FTP download for the IntelliJ 10.5 installers?

17. JohnR says:

Why take a perfectly good product, and upgrade it to do everything, and make it so slow as to be almost useless.