IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.2 bugfix update available

We’ve just rolled out a new update to the latest version of IntelliJ IDEA — 10.5.2.

Check out the change log for the list of fixes since the last update and download the new version from the JetBrains Web site.

And if you’re looking forward to new features and not just bugfixes — the EAP for IntelliJ IDEA 11 is just around the corner.

Stay up-to-date and stay tuned!

Develop with pleasure!
The IntelliJ IDEA Team

This entry was posted in News & Events. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.2 bugfix update available

1. Andrew Oxenburgh says:

Hi,

We’re running Intellij Ultimate 10.5.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

When you scroll up and down, the editor starts to select from a point in the file.

This only seems to occur when I’m editing a groovy file.

Regards

2. Michał Gruca says:

And what’s planned for 11 :>

3. Konstantin says:

Eugene, why some of updates (e.g. last one) are not distributed as a patch? Is this technical issue or not?

4. Andrew says:

Does automatic update not work? I did check for update it shows me that 10.5.2 is available but no option to install, do i have to install manually?

5. André Weihe says:

Any way to install this update over 10.5.1?

If I point the installer to my 10.5 folder (containing 10.5.1) it asks for an empty folder or a folder where 10.5 is installed.

The change log contains a fix for bug IDEA-71729 (http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/IDEA-71729) where 10.5.1 was not able to install over 10.5.

Does this new version not include what Dmitry Jemerov promised “When IDEA 10.5.2 is released, you’ll be able to install it over 10.5 or 10.5.1.” but instead introduces a new bug where 10.5.2 won’t install over 10.5.1?

6. Vic says:

Great!
    What’s planned for IntelliJ 11?

7. yole says:

Andre,
    The fix for IDEA-71729 was indeed incorrect. The correct fix will be included in a subsequent release.

8. Christoph says:

It would be nice if there were an incremental update available.
    This makes a difference in corporate environments.

9. Novack says:

No inc update isn’t bad, just extra download really.
    I just download the zip or tar, delete old application + system cache files, extract new application files, finished.
    Only annoyance I have is the zip downloads incredibly slow compared to the exe or tar links.
    This must be some kind of service limit imposed by the server.

10. Rob says:

I run the community version 10.5.1 and it tells me that there is an patch to upgrade to 10.5.2. “Install patch and restart” which I did, but it tells me that it is still 10.5.1. I did this already many times but looks like as it does not work. There is even a download process bar and the app shuts down and comes back up but as I said it is still 10.5.1.

Any ideas ?

11. Ramses says:

I have the same issue as Rob above but with the ultimate edition. I click “Apply patch and restart” but I still get 10.5.1 after restarting…

12. trespasserw says:

@Rob, @Ramses IDEA 10.5 still has an issue with UAC on Windows. Please start IDEA as administrator to perform an update.

13. Rob says:

Thanks, works.

Life can be that simple.

14. James Selvakumar says:

IDEA 10.5.2 (Ultimate) does not resolve “test dependencies” in maven pom. I’m able to run my unit tests only after removing the “test” scope in the pom. Does anyone face this problem or is this just bugging me?

15. Martin Böhm says:

@James Selvakumar:
    I am facing the same problem.