IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.4 update available

Hi again,

Here’s another bugfix update for the 10.x branch of IntelliJ IDEA — version 10.5.4.
Some things worth mentioning are:

• Mercurial 2.0 support
  • Flash player 11 debugging support
  • Firefox 8 JS debugging support
  • Fixed extract method object refactoring
  • and other fixes.

Download the update from IntelliJ IDEA web site or install a patch from within the IDE.

This entry was posted in News & Events and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.4 update available

1. magicprinc says:

perfect!

2. Stephan says:

Auto-update does not work. 10.5.3 reports itself as 10.5.2 and it seems like there is no auto-update between 10.5.2 and 10.5.4.

3. John Farrelly says:

I’m having the same trouble Stephan is having – there is no auto update for me, even though I should be fully up to date (I’m on 107.764)

4. Gaute says:

After upgrading to 10.5.4 nearly every tag in my pom.xml files is reported as invalid in IDEA…

f ex:
    “Element modelVersion is not allowed here”

5. Victor says:

I am with Stephan and John here..

6. yole says:

Auto-update via a patch from the incorrectly packaged 10.5.3 release (107.764) to 10.5.4 is not supported. You’ll need to install the new update manually.

7. Martijn says:

Update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 worked ok, but I have the same problem as Gaute, my pom.xml files are almost completely red, almost all tags are reported invalid.

8. Anton Makeev says:

Gaute, Martin,

please try File->Invalidate Caches. Does it solve the problem?
    Please note that this action clears Local History also. If you have valuable history, simply move IDEA caches folder to somewhere before and put it back after experimenting. (on Mac the caches are in ~/Library/Caches/IntelliJ IDEA 10 on Windows it is ~/.IntellijIDEA 10/system).

Thanks

9. Rodislav Moldovan says:

@Anton
    “Windows it is ~/.IntellijIDEA 10/system”

you mean :: Linux ?

10. Martijn says:

@Anton: thanks, that helps for me!

11. Brice says:

Cool, thx for your quick release fix :)

12. M says:

Do you just run the full 10.5.4 installer http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-10.5.4.dmg in order to apply the patch manually?

13. @M, there’s no installer on Mac OS. Just copy the .app from the mounted disk to your Applications folder

14. Denis says:

10.5.4 patch no available on http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/
    Can’t update 10.5.3

15. Ramil says:

Intellij recognizes that there is an update, but it doesn’t have update now button. Only More info/Remind me later/ Ignore this update present. I’m running patched 10.5.3 (but in about window it reports as 10.5.2).

16. Ramil says:

manual unpacking of ideaIU-10.5.4.zip into the current installation did a trick.

17. Dan says:

I can’t find 10.5.4 for linux anywhere. The main site just links to 11.0. There is no option inside the IDE to update. I think I have 10.5.3, but my intellij reports 10.5.2 for some reason. (Even though I’m pretty sure I installed the third patch update)

18. Dan, you can download previous versions, including 10.5.4 from this page: http://devnet.jetbrains.net/docs/DOC-1228

19. Dan says:

That’s what I was looking for. Thanks!

20. Steve Cooke says:

http://devnet.jetbrains.net/docs/DOC-1228 site has been non-responsive since yesterday. I have used the link “M” gave above to download the 10.5.4 dmg