IntelliJ IDEA 11.0.2 update available

Before switching completely to some new tasks, we’re releasing IntelliJ IDEA 11.0.2, another maintenance update for the latest IntelliJ IDEA 11.

This update fixes some most annoying bugs and performance problems found. Check out the full release notes for the list of resolved issues and download the update. If you’re already running version 11 (or 11.0.1) use the “Check for Update” action from the IDE and install the patch.

Develop with pleasure and stay tuned for exciting news coming soon.
-The IntelliJ IDEA Team

This entry was posted in Releases and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 11.0.2 update available

1. Bob says:

I am not seeing an option to install on update tab. 11.0 on Ubuntu.

2. yole says:

Bob,
    Patch-based upgrade is only available between subsequent releases. If you skipped upgrading to 11.0.1, you’ll need to perform a complete installation of 11.0.2.

3. Alexander Samilyak says:

New realease of IntelliJ Idea — I should be happy!
    But funny thing is I’m kinda sad. I have a whole bunch of reported 2 months old bugs/problems in YouTrack (http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issues/IDEA?q=by%3A+Alexander.Samilyak) and none of them are fixed in this bugfix release. I don’t even dream about implementing my feature requests…
    Looks like you’re ignoring me, guys :)

4. Jozef says:

“The requested URL /idea/ideaIC-11.0.2.tar.gz was not found on this server.”

5. Mark says:

The link to ideaIC-11.0.2.tar.gz returns a 404.

6. Sven says:

“Before switching completely to some new tasks”

New tasks concerning version 11.1, 11.5 or 12? Are there any current public information regarding upcoming features and versions? I hope there will be some more maintenance and feature releases for version 11.

Thank you in advance.

7. Meo says:

It is all nice, but how can we develop with pleasure when it is hard to even click on the commit button… maybe you should fix it…

8. @Sven, we’ll announce the plans shortly. Maybe even this week. Stay tuned!

9. JasonS says:

Is there a zip version for 11.0.2 I can download? our company firewall prevents downloading of executables

10. Tim Costermans says:

Update info dialog doesn’t offer functionality to install the update.
    It notifies the end user that an update is available, but you can’t click install or update.
    I thinks something is wrong.

11. yole says:

Tim,
    Patch-based upgrade is available only between directly subsequent builds of IntelliJ IDEA. If you’re running an older EAP build, patch-based upgrade is not available.

12. John Hayward says:

I’ll have to agree with Tim. I downloaded and installed the new 11.0 release. It runs fine, but the upgrade dialog tells me the 11.0.1 is available and there is no way to accept it.

Then 11.0.2 came out, and it too does not allow me the option to accept it.

I believe if you happen to have downloaded and installed 11.0 you will not get the option to upgrade. I’ve downloaded and installed the full 11.0.2 release. We’ll see how this fares when 11.0.3 comes out.