Back To School sale: 50% OFF IntelliJ IDEA & other JetBrains tools!

The summer is gone, but are you prepared for a new productive year? To help you get off to a great start this fall, we’re announcing our Back To School sale! Kick off the new business cycle with the best professional tools!

This year we’re expanding the list of products on sale. Get up to 50% OFF when purchasing personal licenses for the following products before September 14th:

• IntelliJ IDEA
  • PyCharm
  • PhpStorm
  • WebStorm
  • AppCode
  • RubyMine
  • ReSharper (VB, C# and Full editions)
  • dotTrace Performance
  • dotCover

Think fast! It’s a limited-time offer that you don’t want to miss!

Your JetBrains Team

This entry was posted in News & Events. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Back To School sale: 50% OFF IntelliJ IDEA & other JetBrains tools!

1. Philip says:

Nice, does that include a free update to IntelliJ IDEA 12? This would be awesome and I would finally buy a license for personal use (I have the luck to have a license at work)

2. Mateusz Dykszak says:

Does it make sense to buy IntelliJ 11 now when 12 is almost ready?

3. ags says:

I’d buy the update now had I known it would include v12.

4. Gabriel says:

Well, judging by the Licensing and Upgrade page, it does not include a free upgrade to IDEA 12.

5. Mateusz Dykszak says:

I’ve asked support for upgrade to 12 and in response I’ve received:

“When buying this product, you are buying a version, not an annual maintenance.
    This means, that you can access all builds, which were released in connection to the major release you have bought.
    There are exceptions – for example, when buying a product shortly before the release of the next major version.
    That’s when we offer a free upgrade period. Also, as a sign of goodwill we are offering a discount, when purchased within a month before that period started.
    But generally, when buying let’s say version X, you’ll get all version X products.

So unfortunately the upgrade to version 12 is not included.”

6. Peter Farrell says:

Shoot, I just bought two personal licenses (PyCharm and IntelliJ) literally a week agao

7. Terence Martin says:

I’m not surprised by version 12 not being included here, though that would be a great deal.

I don’t currently have a license for the Ultimate version, and I’ve been strongly considering getting one for version 12 when it comes out so I’ve been holding off.

However if I can get the current version for $99 now and then pay the other $99 later this year to upgrade from 11 to 12, that makes things a lot sweeter; I’d get the benefit of the current ultimate version in the meantime without having to wait and still pay the same price overall.

8. Jamal Abdou-Karim Bengeloun says:

@Mateusz Dykszak Please note that the restriction is only for IntelliJ, other IDEs include major upgrades for one year.

9. IntelliJ IDEA 12 release is planned for early December, in about 3 months.
    As correctly noted by Terence Martin if you buy now and upgrade to v12 you pay one license full-price for 2 versions 11 & 12.

10. Aliaksei says:

If u will buy now, u need ~180$ to get 11 and 12, only 20$ save =)

11. Tony says:

If you have no interest in IntelliJ 12, this is a great deal. If, however, there is a must-have feature for you in version 12 then you will end up paying the $99 upgrade fee which will bring your total cost to $199: the full price of a personal license. The main advantage is that it would allow you to pay half of the cost now and half later.

12. Carlis says:

As a play! developer I really appreciate all java related features like auto completion, refactors, etc. that come with IDEA, there is a bunch of other features related to other frameworks or J2EE that I just don’t need. Why not have framework oriented distributions or modular distributions of IDEA at a fair price like RubyMine has?

Now you pay 37€ for a Rubymine annual license giving you also all major updates. But even the regular 66 € price tag seems right with me.

13. Mihkel says:

Got my IntelliJ 11 license :P but yeah it would be super if there where discount for upgrade also from 11 to 12. I would be happy with 30% discount when upgrading.