IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP Build 123.4 is Out

The new IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 123.4 has been just released. This is the next stable build for upcoming release of IntelliJ IDEA 12 with bugfixes and new features.

The major changes in the release include:

• Alphabetization and name-based rules in Java Code Arrangement
  • Darcula UI improvements
  • Jetty 9 support
  • Event handlers support in Android UI Designer
  • Ability to name top-row columns in CSV Editor
  • Show History for directory for Mercurial

The full list of changes may be found in Release Notes.

Feel free to share your feedback and report bugs in our issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in EAP Releases and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP Build 123.4 is Out

1. metyl says:

Nice build number :)

2. Tomer Gabel says:

Anything Mac users should know (as with the previous build)?

3. DK says:

How to enable CSV editor?

4. Maxim Mossienko says:

Mac users should download complete dmg file.

5. Andrey Cheptsov says:

CSV editor appears when you open any CSV file, see q tab switcher (in the bottom) between text and table editors.

6. Rico says:

I love the Darcula theme! This is now the best looking IDE i know at all.

7. Vladimir says:

Guys, I’ve found very annoying bug in a new update, please fix:

8. Hus says:

Ruby and Scala plugins aren’t compatible with this build. I had to downgrade to latest IU-122.X build. Other than that, it looks great!

9. Alexey Danilov says:

Same here: this update is not compatible with Scala and, consecutively, Play 2 support is disabled… that’s a real shame, I will have to roll back as well. Btw, will Idea 12 natively support Play 2 – both for Scala and Java – or it will have to rely on plugins? I’m getting constant error warnings with Scala plugin though it is still better than nothing I guess.

10. Alexey Danilov says:

UPDATE: I have to correct myself: Scala plugin and Play 2 for Scala work with this release – you just have to manually uninstall previous versions of corresponding plugins and install new ones. But still there are numerous “IDE fatal error” warnings in Scala plugin.

11. Sarah says:

How can I change the heap size for this version? I used to change the memory size in the Info.plist but it seems that the numbers are gone from the file.

12. David says:

In the latest EAP I am having issues where using a shortcut with CTLR + something triggers the action twice. Such as CTRL+V pastes twice. It isn’t just clipboard actions, CTRL + / will comment out two lines. Once this behavior starts its continues consistently until restarting IntelliJ then it will behave for a while.

Ubuntu 12.10 & Oracle JDK 1.7u9.

13. Cruz says:

Perhaps the next build could let us access the menu without starting a project first…

I like to set up my IDE settings before starting a project. :)

14. Andriy says:

@Cruz
    Then do it – no one stops you from clicking on “Settings” button/entry

15. Nick says:

Guys it feels like you are doing a lot of refactoring and old three years old issues are coming back.

I hope you have auto regression tests and they just they don’t cover all of the functionality otherwise it makes me very anxious.

Personally I use IDEA to gain productivity but sometimes I spend hours to workaround a bug.