IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC is Available for Download

Today we are excited to announce that IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC is finally available for download.

This is one of the last preview build before the release, and we keep working hard to address your feedback. We encourage you to take in-depth look at what’s new in IntelliJ IDEA 12 and check if everything works fine in the release candidate.

The full list of changes may be found in Release Notes.

Feel free to share your feedback and submit any issues you find to our tracker. Thanks to everyone who helps us with your feedback, we really appreciate it.

“Develop with Pleasure!”

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in EAP Releases, Release Candidates and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC is Available for Download

1. Arikon says:

What about performance problems on OS X Mountain Lion?

2. jordandev says:

Liking the new icon changes since the last EAP even.

3. Maxim Mossienko says:

@Arikon It would be nice to have more details about the issues you are asking about

4. Erik Pragt says:

Just upgraded, and now IntelliJ complains my license has expired, even though the startup screen says December 30th.

5. Nikos Tzanos says:

When a file tab is selected for a file that is not marked for version control (brown font color) makes the file name in the tab almost unreadable, in the Darcula theme.

6. Gabriel says:

I downloaded the ultimate edition of the RC. The splashscreen shows expires 30th december. When everything is loaded a dialog pops up that says that the version expired.

7. Vladimir says:

Any plans to fix this one:

imho this one is critical, and you can’t just release 12, the way it is right now.

Thanks!

8. Maxim Mossienko says:

@Erik,Gabriel (Nonperfect) workaround is described at http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-96293#comment=27-414017
    Sorry for inconvenience.

9. Nick says:

The Application icon on Mac OS X is a very washed out light blue – it looks like a disabled icon in my Dock. Compared to every other icon in there it looks very wrong.

10. Alexandru Chiritescu says:

The last build works with the IntellijIdea 11 Personal License which I bought around one year ago.

11. Marcus Kammer says:

You guys have done a great job!

12. chris says:

I am also having problems with my idea 11 personal license like the ones mentioned above. 30 minute only why? I thought i could just buy the upgrade or something but that didnt work either as tbe shopping cart was empty from the buy link.

13. Ciprian says:

Hi guys.. why don’t you fix the evaluation bug? It’s really annoying being unable to test..

Cheers

14. Vladimir says:

Hi guys. I have a small offering. When I describe some class I can go from source code to XML file (for example Spring Controller and / or StrutsAction)
    How about servlets and filters?

15. Joseph says:

Loving the new ‘soft blue’ icon, looks terrific on my retina MBP. A few of the icons in the application still look pixelated though, for example the right and downwards pointing arrows in the Project view.

16. Yann Cebron says:

@Vladimir: please file a feature request at http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/IDEA, thanks.

17. Claudiu says:

The rearrange functionality needs more testing/scenarios. It gets weird in some cases, with fields defined between methods and non javadoc block comments. Also insert some blank lines after those comments. I applied it on bigger class I have, but I couldn’t reproduce it in a simple one. I’ll come back with an example if I will be able to reproduce it in a simple example. Just keep in mind that rearrange needs some more work.

Thanks for your great work!

18. Denis.Zhdanov says:

@Claudiu: thank you for the feedback! We’re planning to improve arrangement functionality and a number of features have already been planned for the 12.1 build. And yes, please add corresponding tickets with problem details to the tracker whenever possible.

Regards, Denis

19. Claudiu says:

How about using italics in static calls for the Darcula theme?

20. Claudiu says:

The links are hard to read in the Darcula theme.