IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC 2 is Out

Today we have released IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC 2, the next release candidate build, with more bugfixes and improvements.

Check out the full list of changes in Release Notes.

Feel free to share your feedback and submit bugs directly to our tracker. This is the last chance to get it fixed before the release!

Stay tuned for more news in our blog soon.

Develop with Pleasure!
IntelliJ IDEA Team

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in Release Candidates and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC 2 is Out

1. Nigel says:

This release does not except an Intellij 11 license. There’s no option to evaluate and I can’t seem to buy an upgrade on the site. So to sum it up, I’m screwed it appears.

I’m on Linux with a personal license.

2. Rico says:

@Nigel
    Deleting the idea11.key from .IntelliJIdea12/config works for me.

3. tkgreg says:

I got the same problem with license :(

4. Nigel says:

Thanks Rico but that didn’t work for me as I must have used up my evaluation last year. Resolved the problem by using the technology preview available on the main site.

5. tkgreg says:

@Rico it works only for 30 minutes :(

6. Jan says:

Is the Scala compiler fixed ?

7. Stephan says:

I have the same license problems. Deleting the IDEA 11 license key does not work. There is no chance for me to start the evaluation :-(

8. Joachim Van der Auwera says:

Grmbl, suffering from this problem too.
    It seems the order processing is slow, I am waiting for the mail with the new license key, but it hasn’t arrived yet. Sitting idle waiting for this (30 minutes and counting).

9. Johan says:

Meh, had to go and change the file names for the key files wherever possible (~/.IntelliJIdea1*/config/idea*.key) before it worked, for 30 minutes at a time.

Can’t they make it a little while longer for people that already own licenses? :P

I tried to upgrade, but that option wasn’t available online…

10. Claudiu says:

Some thoughts about Darcula…
    How about using italics in static calls?
    The links are hard to read.

11. Nikos Tzanos says:

I bought my license about 2 months ago. I think it is really stupid to have to buy an upgrade. And not very cost effective either…

12. Claudiu says:

About the links a have written about earlier, they are not the usual links, but they seem to be somehow related to Atlassian Connector. We used the JIRA issue names as reference in some properties files and they turned into links.

13. Pavel says:

Hey JetBrains, are you kidding me, 30 Minutes, really?

14. Claudiu says:

Switch to task (Alt+Shift+T in Ubuntu) -> Open Task

The text field is partially covered by Create new task.

15. David B says:

Please can you fix evaluation duration. I am unable to upgrade license online, so stuck with 30 minutes.

16. David B says:

Ah ha. (Mac OS only) I went to ~/Library/Preferences/IntelliJIdea12/eval – and removed old keys for 6 & 7. Now I’ve got 30 days. Sweet. :-)

Been running the EAP build – great work.

17. David B says:

… didn’t work. :-| It reinstalls “IntelliJIdea12/eval:idea7.evaluation.key” which immediately expires… oh well back to the EAP. :-)

18. Ted says:

I love the new splash screen. Is it possible to release wallpapers of the splash screen?

19. Stephan says:

@Claudiu:

I already created an issue for this: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-96429

20. Jamie Krug says:

Same problem: “Enter Key or Evaluate” provided no path to evaluate. I came here and followed the suggestion to delete my ~/.IntelliJIdea12/config/idea11.key file, but that only allows me a 30 minute evaluation. So… after all my EAP feedback, I now can’t evaluate RC2 for more than 30 minutes, and there’s not even a purchase option yet? Am I missing something?

21. Bill says:

Holy cats, this is an excellent upgrade. The dark theme looks wonderful, refactorings and indexing are super-speedy, and Play Scala support is even included.

Thanks so much!

22. Noullet says:

The UI is getting better, I like it !

However, what about existing opened issues ? Still facing this one: