IntelliJ IDEA 12.0.1 Update is Available

We’ve got great news for those happy users who have already come to the darker side and upgraded to IntelliJ IDEA 12. The first update has been released and available for download now.

The update brings many bug-fixes and optimizations. Find the full list of changes in the Release Notes.

Hurry to upgrade and stay tuned for more exciting news very soon. Doomsday is fast approaching…!

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12.0.1 Update is Available

1. Alexey Danilov says:

Both in final 12 release and after applying this patch debugging Play 2 app is not working anymore – it just won’t stop at any of breakpoints and won’t successfully connect to JVM.
    Running the app is functional though. Reportedly in latest EAP build everything was ok.

2. Mike Hurd says:

I just applied the update and all my Perforce menu options are now disabled and no-longer available in file – right-click. Testing the connection in settings works ok?

3. Mike Hurd says:

Appears that the perforce menu is only available/enabled if the file is checked-out which is a bit annoying when I just want to use the annotate feature to see who modified the file.

4. m1shk4 says:

After updating to 12.0.1, switching to Eclipse completely(Android development).
    1. Build Android application artifact was not working in 12.0(assets were not added) when external compiler is used – not working in 12.0.1 even when internal compiler is used(broken completely).
    2. Android application is not launching(shows FEOFException) when external compiler is on(was working ok in 12.0)

5. Mike Hurd says:

My mistake, the file was from a maven dependency – hence no perforce.

6. Saqib says:

Cannot update from IDEA?

7. Christian says:

I’m not able to get my settings ported to the new version. I’m using 12.0.0 on Mac OS X right now. Pointing to the old version, /Applications/IntelliJ IDEA 12.app, at startup of the new version does not help. It tells me this is not a valid IDEA directory. Hm…

I don’t want to export/import settings manually.

Please advise.

8. yole says:

Christian,
    IntelliJ IDEA 12.0.1 stores the settings in the same place as 12.0. No need to import anything.

9. John Farrelly says:

Is this version broken? I just upgraded, but it keeps crashing and refuses to open any files for some reason. No errors in the event log

10. Alexey Danilov says:

John Farrelly,
    This version works fine for me, but I remember having the same issue after applying patch in some of pre-release EAP versions. Downloading the whole *.tar and as opposed to patch solved it.

11. Ray Conner says:

The update to 12.0.1 ultimate fails for me. I cannot open any java files, poms, text files, nothing. If I select a file and “Associate with File Type …”, I’m presented with a list that includes:
    C#
    C/C++
    Erlang
    Haskell
    IDL
    JavaFX
    Perl
    PHP
    SQL

The settings dialog is not available.

I tried creating a new java project. That works, but it won’t let me create any classes. I just get an empty error dialog, after asking for both the class name *and then* the file name. Nothing appears in the event log.

To make matters worse, I reinstalled 12.0 and it is now behaving that way as well. I’m dead in the water right now.

12. Ray Conner says:

I figured out where the failure is, it is in a plugin. I was able to get IntelliJ to work by removing ~/Library/Application Support/IntelliJIdea12/ (I am on OSX mountain lion).

If I then reinstall the Markdown plugin, the failures happen again.

13. Nabeel says:

This broke my install too, can’t open the preferences window, JS/HTML files aren’t opening (seems their editor is gone??)

14. Eugene Kudelevsky says:

m1shk4,

Unfortunatelly I cannot reproduce such problem. For me it works correctly in both external and internal build modes. Try to install the IDE from scratch into empty directory. Also invalidation caches could help ( File | Invalidate Caches). If the problem still exists, please submit an issue to our tracker with detailed description of the problem

15. 1.5 says:

Как отключить “Dark Theme” и включить старый контрастные иконки? (запустите новую тему под GTK+ look&feel и получите нечитаемые серые иконки на сером фоне)

16. mblun says:

I got the same problem as Ray Conner. Reinstalled 12.0 and then 12.0.1. Invalidated cache but nothing helped. After I cleaned that directory evertytingh works fine again.