IntelliJ IDEA 12.0.2 Update is Available

If you haven’t come to the darker side of productive coding and haven’t updated to IntelliJ IDEA 12 yet, this is the best time to do it.

Finally IntelliJ IDEA 12.0.2 has been released and available for download. This is the second update for IntelliJ IDEA 12 and the first in this year. The new update brings enhancements and fixes known issues.

Find the full list of changes in Release Notes.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12.0.2 Update is Available

1. Stephan Windmüller says:

Will it be possible to update existing installations or do I have to download the release? Right now the “Check for Update” action does not find any updates for 12.0.1.

2. aap says:

check for update from inside idea reports i’m still up to date

3. Dirk Rademann says:

Great to hear. Just wondering, will there be a patch available? So far my 12.0.1 IDEA keeps telling me it is up-to-date … o_O

Regards, Dirk.

4. Rubens Mariuzzo says:

I will download it right now!

5. brian says:

Excited to see all the SQL/Database fixes, Disappointed I didn’t see any ColdFusion fixes or enhancements in this release.

6. John says:

Maybe someone can confirm this is as an issue or new issue, cannot close the debug dump window with the x button. however the right-click close works

7. John says:

Sorry, seems i hurried over this, I am using the latest update on jdk 1.6.0_20 on fedora 17, the whole UI seems to behave most strangely. on top of that, deploying via mvn to tomcat using Idea is very slow close to unresponsive ? the dump shows everything waiting or sleeping even though there are listeners that should have kicked in quite fast; same for tests, get stuck in make…

Anyways, waiting for more feedback on this update, it still might be just my environment

8. John says:

@Stephan Windmüller
    @Dirk Rademann
    @aap

verify the update channel (Settings>Updates)

9. Magnus says:

Is there any way to **uninstall** this upgrade? Scala Plugin is currently not compatible with it, so now I’m unable to work. — I thought a minor patch level upgrade wouldn’t break my plugins.

I’ve tried to uninstall it like so: I’ve renamed the Idea installation folder, and unzipped the not-upgraded .tar.gz archive again, and I’m using this newly unzipped 12.0 installation. But Idea oddly enough still considers the Scala plugin incompatible with the current version of Idea.

10. Magnus says:

After also (see my previous comment just above) having 1) uninstalled the Scala plugin, 2) restarted Idea, and 3) installed Scala plugin again, Scala plugin now works again.

Is there any way to tell Idea to ignore an upgrade that will break installed plugins?
    (Until the plugins support the new Idea version)

11. Phil says:

I had the same issue with Scala plugin, Magnus- thanks, your fix worked for me

12. User says:

Hi,

It seems not to be documented in release notes, but, Breakpoints window is now changed back to original IDEA 11 style. IS it possible to use new one or it was permanently removed?

13. Felipe Micaroni Lalli says:

Please, fix this bug: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-98380

I’m crazy with that.

Thanks,
    Felipe.

14. Ryan Williams says:

Echoing Magnus, the Scala plugin appears to be incompatible with 12.0.2. I had to fish around for the URL to direct-download 12.0.1 again: http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-12.0.1.dmg

Maybe it’s the responsibility of plugin developers to avoid these situations, but some warning about such incompatibilities before upgrading would make sense.

15. Alex says:

Help, Please.
    On download page declare, that community edition has integration with TestNG.
    But I can’t find anywhere, how to begin work with TestNG
    I’ve already tried to download TestNG plugin from repository, but it didn’t work and get me an error

16. Anna Kozlova says:

Alex, you should write a test and you’ll be able to run it withing IntelliJ IDEA. You may add a test manually or generate test for your code via Ctrl-Shift-T.
    Actually there is documentation here http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/webhelp/testing.html. If it doesn’t work for you somehow please file a bug request at youtrack.jetbrains.com
    Thanks

17. Arek Stryjski says:

Looks like now there is new version of Scala plugin, but it needs to be upgraded separately.

18. IL says:

Where can I get the No JDK version for windows? Thx.