Getting Started with Adobe Gaming SDK in IntelliJ IDEA 12.1

IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 has complete support for the Adobe Gaming SDK, i.e. Adobe AIR SDK bundled together with Away3D, Starling and Feathers frameworks.

For those who are interested in developing games using IntelliJ IDEA we have prepared a step-by-step tutorial with instructions on how to set up, build and run sample applications included in the SDK.

Please feel free to share your feedback at our forum and report any found issues to the issue tracker.

Develop with pleasure!

This entry was posted in New Features, Tutorials and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Getting Started with Adobe Gaming SDK in IntelliJ IDEA 12.1

1. KM says:

Thank you for the post learned a lot about Actionscript.

2. dong says:

hi,I have a problem:
    Unable to compile flex project with Intellij?

Error[14,0][index - Index (module MonitorUI)]: exception ‘org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 14; columnNumber: 34; Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.’ while setting variable ”

3. Erick says:

Hello Alexander, I’m having some problems trying to follow your tutorial, I have IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 and Adobe Gaming SDK 1.3.357. Whenever I try to import a flash builder project IntelliJ says there’s a problem with .idea/scopes (and you can see the scopes folder is not there, does not exist), so I cannot manage to run any application, the web apps says “waiting for player to connect” and the mobile ones crash with some AIR errors.

I tried importing all the projects at once and the error “Cannot create directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe Gaming SDK 1.3\Samples\.idea” happens, if I choose another location the projects are loaded but and after I close IntelliJ and reopen it all the projects are gone.

Any help?

• Alexander Doroshko says:

I’ll be able to check it tomorrow.

• Erick says:

Thanks =)

• Alexander Doroshko says:

Just checked with Gaming SDK 1.3.357 on Windows 7 and it works for me without problems.
          Try to copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe Gaming SDK 1.3\Samples folder somewhere outside of Windows special folder ‘Program Files (x86)’, for example to C:\work and configure a project there.
          Note that bundled AIR SDK 3.9.0.1030 has some problems with mobile device emulation on Mac OS, so if you are going to develop mobile AIR apps on Mac I suggest to upgrade to the latest AIR SDK 3.9.0.1210

• Erick says:

Thanks Alexander!, that’s weird works if you copy the folder to another location, anyway I appreciate your help, have a nice day! =).