IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Early Preview is Out

The Spring is a whole month away from knocking on our doors, so we have decided to warm up you a little in these cold days: welcome the early preview of IntelliJ IDEA 13.1, the upcoming regular update of your beloved IDE.

IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Early Access

IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 introduces the new Spring API, which will enable third-party developers to write custom IntelliJ IDEA plugins for Spring frameworks. Read the official API documentation for more details. The preview also includes:

General features

• The new (and awesome) postfix code completion
  • New inspections
    • Interface may be annotated @FunctionalInterface
    • Implicit usage of the platform default charset
  • Support for Windows/Linux HiDPI devices via -Dis.hidpi=true

Groovy language

• Overloaded binary operators highlighting

Spring frameworks

• Significant performance improvement for projects that contain many XML configuration files.

Web development

• Advanced AngularJS support (make sure to install our AngularJS plugin)
  • Spy-js tracing tool integration for JavaScript
  • Web browsers configuration (path)

More about AngularJS and Spy-js support can be found in WebStorm 8 EAP announcement.

Clouds

• Debugger for the OpenShift cloud platform.

Mercurial

• Amend commit
  • Support for unnamed heads in the Branches menu

And, of course, there’s more. Stay tuned to our blog for more exciting news and details coming very soon! In the meanwhile download the EAP build, share your feedback with us on our discussion forum or report anything wrong you’ll find to the tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in EAP Releases, News & Events and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Early Preview is Out

1. Florin Patan says:

Seems that a patch update from previous EAP is not possible currently, at least not on Linux. Is this true?

2. Seventh7 says:

Great job

3. Ryan says:

Did File Watchers get moved to a new place? Maybe I’m totally overlooking it, but I don’t see it anywhere in the preferences anymore. I’m trying to setup watchers for Node-Sass and Typescript. Thanks.

4. Pingback: IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 アーリープレビュー | JetBrains ブログ

5. machak says:

So, you guys *again* removed date sorting of plugins (currently, only sorting by name is possible). I say *again* because you did remove this few years ago, and moved it back after people started complaining. I don’t get it…

6. machak says:

Just wanted to add: before you start saying: use filtering: it is not as useful because I check plugins from time to time. Once I sort plugins by date, I see what is recently added and I check if it is useful for me. I did discover many of those newly added (useful) plugins this way.

7. Nikita says:

I have one question about new EAP: where is simple web module in the new project dialog? I can only choose foundation, bootstrap or html5boilerplate.

8. Dmitry Mashkov says:

Andrey,

Any news about full HiDPI support?

9. Allan says:

I’m delighted by the increased stability of this EAP release on OS X. One change I do note is that CoffeeScript compilation preview seems to be missing from the editor context menu; is it still available?

10. Vitalii Serdiuk says:

Hello! Can I use Intellij IDEA eap in comercial’s project and what kind of rules I must perform?
    P.S. Sorry, but I didn’t find this information in your’s official cite or blog

11. Brett Thomas says:

PHP plugin doesnt seem to be working. Other plugins that require it are telling me it’s not installed when intellij starts, and the installed plugin list shows it as installed.