PhpStorm 7 Public Preview

We are happy to announce Public Preview of upcoming major release of PhpStorm 7.

The PhpStorm 7 Public Preview build 131.98 is here bringing a lot of interesting features and various improvements.

Those who already use our EAP builds – please download the latest build and be sure to report all the bugs in the issue tracker.

And if you are still using our stable 6.0.x version – here is a summary of improvements and new features we are planning to include in upcoming PhpStorm 7 release which is planned to be out in October/November 2013:

• PHP Language Support: PHP 5.5, improved PHP syntax coloring for various constructs, type inference and PHPDoc improvements, new refactorings (Move Static Member and Extract Interface), new inspections and quick-fixes
  • Built-in Tools: Vagrant, built-in SSH console and remote tools, local terminal, support for even more command line tools (Zend Framework 2 Tool, Tools based on Symfony Console (such as Laravel and Doctrine), and Drush for Drupal), Google App Engine for PHP
  • Debugging and Testing: debugger configuration validation, debugging with Smart Step Into, PHPUnit on Server improvements
  • Frameworks and Plugins: Drupal Plugin, 3rd-party plugins for Symfony and other frameworks

PhpStorm 7 also includes brand new web toolkit introduced in WebStorm 7:

• Web Templates Support (EJS, Mustache, Handlebars)
  • Web Components Support
  • Modern Stylesheets, JavaScript & npm: Stylus, Compass, JS Karma test runner and the istanbul code coverage engine, integrated node package manager npm
  • Major Live Edit and JavaScript Debugging changes

From the IntelliJ IDEA platform side, this release includes Full Screen Mode for all platforms, Presentation Mode, and many other features and improvements.

PhpStorm 7 keeps up with latest PHP & web languages trends, integrates a variety of modern tools, and brings even more extensibility with support for major PHP frameworks.

Check out the overview of all PhpStorm 7 features and download the build from PhpStorm website.

If you have any feedback, please share it in the forum and issue tracker — the release is around the corner!

Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains PhpStorm Team

This entry was posted in Early Access Program and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to PhpStorm 7 Public Preview

1. Greg says:

Good job so far! One problem, the Stylus bundled plugin that comes with WebStorm EAP is still not part of these builds, I haven’t seen it in any of the PHPstorm 7 EAP yet.

2. pbyrne84 says:

I have been using all the EAPs for a while and I really like them but I raised an issue here
    http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-112450 and it has been pretty much ignored. I can’t upgrade everyone I work with to 7 if this is not fixed before release which is a bit sucky(not unless I want to sit here listening to a lot of angsty muttering ). I have to switch back to 6.03 to do any branching.

Rest of it is great though as usual. Definitely makes work less work.

Thanks

3. Kim Tranjan says:

That’s great news! There’s plans to support Blade, the Laravel’s view engine?

Thank you.

4. conceptdeluxe says:

So damn slow. What for do I need any new features when coding does not make fun anymore? PhpStorm 5 FTW!

• aragnophy says:

Need more features – buy a better hardware :). SSD + 8Gb + RAM will speed up your workflow.
      As an option you can turn off features (and plugins), you don’t use.

• conceptdeluxe says:

I’m quiet sure that my workstation is not the problem here … ^^

To be more specific: PhpStorm 6 as well as version 7 is compared to version 5 very slow in code editing. Even inserting some blank lines within a plain text file is laggy. And this sucks.

• conceptdeluxe says:

And let me say one thing:

I love PhpStorm. I really love it! I won’t ever change back to another IDE I guess. But I won’t upgrade my version 5 either if nothing changes in regards to performance. I want those shiny new things too – but more important I want smooth code editing.

5. Sasha says:

I have been playing with Vagrant and the ssh terminal all day and really love it.

My only problem is, as a Windows user, when I go to click my start menu, this new tool menu at the bottom left is easily opened on hover over (Terminal, TODO, database, etc etc). It stays above other windows and cannot be closed without going back into Storm.

Can it be move or changed to a click instead of a hover please?