We are glad to announce availability of WordPress plugin (providing a bunch of WordPress-specific features) bundled with PhpStorm from yesterday’s PhpStorm 8 EAP 136.1255, you can download and test it right now.
Please refer to a full tutorial on WordPress Development using PhpStorm to get an insight on how to get started with new features.
Current WordPress support includes:
- WordPress integration in PhpStorm for new plugins (with plugin skeleton) and existing projects
- Development environment configuration for WordPress
- WordPress code style
- Hooks support (Including completion for registration functions parameters, navigation from hook registration functions to hook invocation, callbacks from hook registration, and other hooks-related features)
- Search on WordPress.org right from the editor
- WordPress command line tool WP-CLI integration