PyCharm 1.2 released, with a new academic license type

PyCharm 1.2 is available for download. This minor update for our Python and Django IDE brings the following major changes:

• Support for Python 3.2 and Django 1.3
  • New UI for Find/Replace
  • Python version compatibility inspection
  • Syntax highlighting for .po files as initial i18n support

For more details about the changes please read what’s new, and download PyCharm 1.2.

Also, we’ve added a new, more affordable, ‘Academic’ license. It allows students and teachers to use PyCharm for non-commercial purposes, including education and research. Learn more about the Academic license.

Note: PyCharm 1.2 is a free update for all PyCharm licensees.

Develop with Pleasure!
-JetBrains PyCharm Team

This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to PyCharm 1.2 released, with a new academic license type

1. _b1 says:

А как на счет других питон фреймворков?
    bottle, TG2…

2. Oh, an academic license sounds great. This probably would make it so much easier for me to push PyCharm at work. It is really affordable and probably we can even arrange for site licenses.

PyCharm + NumPy + SciPy + Matplotlib kicks Matlab’s ass!

• dave says:

I can’t get this kind of setup to work on my mac. Do you have any tips? I pointed pycharm to enthought but plotting won’t work

3. yole says:

Support for other Python frameworks is under consideration for future PyCharm versions. However, I have no idea what kind of IDE support would be possible or needed for the bottle microframework.

4. jon says:

How do I upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2?

It looks like i have to actually reinstall the new version of pycharm? It’s no big deal, I just expected it to work through help -> check for updates.

5. yole says:

jon,
    For the time being, PyCharm does not support patch-based upgrades. You need to perform a full installation of the new version.

6. jon says:

I just unistalled 1.1 and installed 1.2. When it started up it still had my project and all my settings. Pretty painless.

7. Paul says:

@jon oh good. That should be noted in the download.

8. Jun says:

After I installed vim plugin, several hot keys are no longer working,
    like @F for search, shift arrow for selection, so I uninstalled the plugin, but after restart, the hot keys are still not working.

9. Jun says:

It seems the keymap is changed to “vim” after install plugin vim, but it is not restored to default after uninstall vim plugin. After I manually changed the keymap back to default, it is working again.

10. Pingback: JetBrains PyCharm Blog » Blog Archive » PyCharm licenses: there’s one for everyone