PyCharm 1.5.3: some fixes and Mercurial 1.9 support

Another bugfix update available for PyCharm — version 1.5.3.

Check out the release notes if you want details about the changes and download the update from PyCharm web site.

And, as usual, there’s something we want to emphasize: Mercurial 1.9 is supported since this update. Enjoy!

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains PyCharm Team

This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to PyCharm 1.5.3: some fixes and Mercurial 1.9 support

1. Alex says:

Hi, can you please point out what was the issue with Mercurial? (I presume it’s something to do with keyring updates?)
    I hope the fix will be ported to PhpStorm as well. Or can I use the Mercurial plugin from PyCharm?

2. yole says:

PyCharm was affected by an internal refactoring in Mercurial. I’m not sure if there’s going to be PhpStorm 2.1.2 update; if there will be one, the fix will be included. Copying the plugin from PyCharm to PhpStorm is also quite likely to work fine.

3. Alex says:

Yes, worked great and I can now push successfully from within IDE. Thanks for reply!

4. VoSi says:

is there any ETA for 2.0?

5. Eugene Toporov says:

@VoSi: PyCharm 2.0 is planned for release in Q4’2011; there will be further 1.5.x updates before that

6. Rudy says:

doest it work in jdk 7?

7. Alan says:

Is there an ETA for the next bugfix release? I was bitten by PY-3767 in 1.5.3 and it would be nice to know whether the fix will ship any time soon.

8. Dmitry Jemerov says:

Alan,
    We plan to release PyCharm 1.5.4 before the end of August. However, I believe that all changes related to PY-3767 are already included in the 1.5.3 release. Please file a separate issue with more details (in particular, the snippet from settings.py where you define STATICFILES_DIRS).