PyCharm 2.7.1 and IntelliJ IDEA Python plugin updates are available

Today we’ve published PyCharm 2.7.1 update!
We’re continuously working on improving the quality and your user experience with PyCharm, thereby PyCharm 2.7.1 includes a number of essential fixes. The most noticeable areas containing them are: code insight and inspections, editing and refactoring features, debugger and a number of fixes on VCS as well. Note that now PyCharm works correctly with PyPI, which has transferred to https recently.

We know that most of you have been looking for IntelliJ IDEA Python plugin update, because we received a lot of questions about that. Fortunately, it is available now and can be used  with latest IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 EAP. This updated plugin contains the functionality comparable with PyCharm 2.7.1.

Check out the release notes for a full list of fixes.
You can download the new build from the website or use “Check for updates” feature to update your current version from the IDE.

Stay tuned for further updates, and if you encounter some problems with this new update, please report them to YouTrack!

Develop with Pleasure!
PyCharm team

This entry was posted in Release Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to PyCharm 2.7.1 and IntelliJ IDEA Python plugin updates are available

1. m_gol says:

Checking for updates didn’t work… I had to download the installation manually.

2. David Ichim says:

I don’t get any pycharm updates on Ubuntu using 2.7 with any of the update channels, it says that 2.7 is the latest update which I already have

3. Yury V. Zaytsev says:

Same for me.

4. Mike D. Tums says:

Confirmed. Update isn’t available through “Check for updates”.

5. b1 says:

With EAP version updater works fine.

6. Rich says:

In Pycharm 2.7 on OSX I get the update dialog, but if I select “download patch and install” it opens a browser window (what’s new in 2.7 .. not 2.7.1) … and then the update dialog abruptly closes and no update is performed.

7. Rich says:

Oh wait … it was my firewall… maybe that’s the problem others are having too?

• m_gol says:

Nope; previous updates worked fine for me and PyCharm 2.7 was saying there are no updates. Maybe there was some deployment delay?