Release Candidate for PyCharm 3.0.2 is now available

Happy Friday everyone!

We are happy to announce the availability of the PyCharm 3.0.2 release candidate. The PyCharm 3.0.2 release is going to be the second update of PyCharm 3 – the most intelligent Python IDE.

The release candidate build is 131.580 and includes bug fixes and additional usability improvements in preparation for our final 3.0.2 release. As a recap, the fixes users can expect in this release include:
- Terminal fixes
- Remote interpreters fixes
- Test runner for Django 1.6 fixes
- Formatter fixes and others

Installers can be found on Early Access Preview page.

The complete list of changes can be found here:
PyCharm 3.0.2 RC release notes

Unfortunately patch-based update is not available for this build, so if you would like to give it a try over the weekend, please download the complete installer from the EAP page. As always, please report any problem you found to our public issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!
-PyCharm team

About Dmitry Filippov

Product Marketing Manager at JetBrains
This entry was posted in Early Access Preview. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Release Candidate for PyCharm 3.0.2 is now available

1. Todd says:

There’s a problem that came up in 3.0 that stopped me from using PyCharm and I’d rather go back to using it, so I’m wondering if 3.0.2 fixes it. (My license expired after 3.0)

When I alt-tab in Windows from PyCharm to any other application, it triggers an extra alt press in the app I switch to, which puts focus on the menu bar. This is maddening because I alt-tab from PyCharm to a browser or terminal session all the time and expect to be able to start typing, but since the focus is on the menu bar, any typing gets interpreted as a series of menu shortcuts, and I have to undo the menu choice and hit escape a few times to restore the proper input focus. Occasionally, something bad happens like a window gets closed when I inadvertently make a bad menu selection.

Alt-tab switching between apps is an important part of my workflow, so I can’t use PyCharm anymore. This came up once before and went away, I don’t know if there was a specific 2.x version of PyCharm that fixed it. But the behavior came back in 3.0.

2. David Ichim says:

Since Pycharm has all of the settings for emmet as Webstorm except this last one, would it be possible to get the emmet preview by the time 3.0.2 is out?

3. Robert says:

I had an issue with the terminal. Details under http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-11406#comment=27-631208.

4. I recently switched my app to Django 1.6 and updated tests in my app to get rid of the “from test_foo import *” nonsense, to use the new discover test runner. My tests are like: my_app/tests/test_module1.py, my_app/tests/test_module2.py, my_app/tests/test_package/test_module3.py and so on. I am NOT importing them in toplevel __init__.py modules.

I run whole test suite in PyCharm – it passess fine, except a few tests.

I right-click failing test, Run/Django test and… it does NOT work.

It looks like PyCharm still calls the test procedure in format like “manage.py test app.tests.TestCaseClass.test_method” and this does not fit my application, because it should be “manage.py test app.tests.TEST_MODULE1.TestCaseClass.test_method”. The “TEST_MODULE1″ is missing from PyCharm.

Any ideas, if this will be fixed and if it will be, when?

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Hey, please add your details to this recent bug http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-11513
      It will be fixed soon.

• Hi Dmitry,thank you for quick response.

Unfortunatley, as the issue you linked is about a different type of problem, at least from end-user perspective, I created a new one. The problem occurs with Django 1.6 and I suppose it has something to do with the new discovery runner introduced in Django 1.6. As I love the new test runner, I’d like to be able to run single unit test cases with PyCharm.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you, because I really would love to see this issue fixed. One of main reasons I chosen PyCharm over a competetive product (and paid for it) was that I could easily run single unit test case by right-clicking its method name. Currently, this function does not work with my setup (which involves many test packages).

5. rohitc says:

I am using pycharm 3.0.2 professional edition. I can open multiple tabs in terminal window using ctr+sht+n. Also I can close them using ctrl+sht+w. But I am totally unable to switch them (ctrl+pgdn/pgup). What is wrong friends? Am I missing something or is it bug?

6. rohitc says:

I am using pycharm 3.0.2 edition. I can open multiple tabs in terminal window using ctr+sht+n. Also I can close them using ctrl+sht+w. But I am totally unable to switch them (ctrl+pgdn/pgup). What is wrong friends? Am I missing something or is it bug?

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Hi,
      go to settings | keymap and search for tab.
      In my case switching between tabs works on alt+right/left arrow