Announcing the PyCharm 3.1 Release Candidate

We’re happy to announce that the PyCharm 3.1 Release Candidate is now available. We are now approaching the final steps towards PyCharm 3.1 final release which is planned to be released soon depending on your feedback.
Generally speaking, feedback on the previous EAP build #133.673 has been positive and we believe the Release Candidate will be even better. That’s why we invite you all to try it out. Please take it for a spin and give us feedback. The PyCharm 3.1 RC build is available for download from the Early Access Preview page.

This build includes some code insight fixes, a bunch of performance enhancements and one more portion of fixes making Python formatter compliant with PEP8. The complete list of those and many other fixes can be found in the Release Notes.

We hope that there will be no major bugs, but anyway, should you encounter any problems, please report them to our public tracker.

Stay tuned, follow us on twitter and develop with pleasure!

-PyCharm team

About Dmitry Filippov

Product Marketing Manager at JetBrains
This entry was posted in Early Access Preview. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Announcing the PyCharm 3.1 Release Candidate

1. Robert says:

http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-118840 is a real showstopper for me – I am still running PyCharm 3.0.1 (the last release where Terminal works under Windows XP and Server 2003)

2. Robert says:

http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-118840 is a real showstopper for: Terminal does not work anymore under Windows XP and Server 2003 32bit.
    That’s the reason I stay with PyCharm 3.0.1

3. Robert says:

http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-118840 is a real showstopper for me: Terminal does not work anymore under Windows XP and Server 2003 32bit.
    That’s the reason I stay with PyCharm 3.0.1

4. Gaëtan de Menten says:

I have been using it for a few hours and so far so good. My only deception so far is that a bug I reported (turned out to be a duplicate of IDEA-119589) was supposedly fixed (in IntelliJ 13.1) but is actually still present in this RC1 (or is the RC1 based on an earlier build of IntelliJ?).

• traff says:

Hi, this release is based upon IntelliJ platform version 13.0.x. Platform fixes planned for 13.1 will be available in the next PyCharm release – PyCharm 3.4.

5. Jon Nials says:

Not a showstopper, but under Linux, running 133.551, the update actually doesn’t update the program. It downloads it, restarts, but doesn’t apply it. Not a showstopper, I’ll post a bug.