Meet JetBrains RubyMine 1.0 — a Brand New IDE for Ruby and Rails

We are excited and proud to announce that RubyMine 1.0 is generally available now. This new IDE is no doubt a great addition to the constantly growing family of JetBrains products. We have tons of plans and ideas for RubyMine, so expect more news really soon.

We are grateful to everyone who has participated in RubyMine Early Access program providing us with invaluable feedback during these months.

The huge number of Beta discount coupons that we sent out shows that probably every Early Access member has requested it and can get RubyMine with 50% off now.

Download RubyMine 1.0 Now!

A 30-day evaluation is available to everyone before purchase. RubyMine comes with free upgrades for 1 full year from the purchase date.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Meet JetBrains RubyMine 1.0 — a Brand New IDE for Ruby and Rails

1. Jason Nadal says:

Congratulations on this milestone; it’s been a solid product even during the EAP. While not a Ruby developer, I have found this worth the cost if only for the Javascript editing features!

2. Simon says:

Hi,

I just registered my version of RubyMine 1.0.
    I notice there is an expiry date on the “About RubyMine” dialog box. Can someone confirm if the IDE will continue working after this date or is the license restricted to 12 months?

3. Steve says:

How can I use my 50% off coupon code? I went thru the entire order process but didn’t aww any way to get my discount!

4. Steve,
    on the very first form, where you specify your details, and payment method there is a field with this icon on the left: http://www.jetbrains.com/img/coupon3.gif. You need to put your coupon code there.
    Hope it helps,
    -Eugene

5. Simon,
    The IDE will continue working after the specified date. 12 months is the period during which you can use all released updates.
    -Eugene

6. Nate says:

Awesome ! Congratulations and nice work ! This will now be my primary web development IDE !

7. Matt says:

The expirary date in the license code is not an upgrade expiration date. Try moving the clock on your computer forward one year and you will not be happy with the results. I have not been able to get a reasonable response from JetBrains sales on this. Maybe someone here…?

8. pti says:

@Matt: You are absolutely right. There was a mistake in the system, and some of the keys sent indeed had expiration date. We tried to contact all the new users with the updated key, so if you have not received anything, please contact sales@jetbrains.com directly with a request for the correct key.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

- Ann Oreshnikova.

9. Nando says:

Plugins: Looking at the documentation in the web site, it seems that the IntelliJ Idea 8 plugins should be compatible with RubyMine. I tried to install, manually, the IdeaVim plugin and it didn’t work on RubyMine, so I’m wondering if my plugin compatibility conclusion is wrong. Any comments about the plugin compatibility between RubyMine and IntelliJ Idea 8? Another comment I have is that the list of plugins for RubyMine shows totally empty. Is this correct or is it just a glitch?

10. rockrep says:

“The huge number of Beta discount coupons that we sent out shows that probably every Early Access member has requested it and can get RubyMine for only $49 now.”

Not every EA member! I tried requesting a coupon and the link never worked for me. Been using the EAP since last fall.

BTW, great product. :-)

11. @rockrep: Thank you! This is really strange you could not get the coupon. Too sorry about it. Why hasn’t you contacted us about the problem? I’m sure it could have been solved.

12. I went from build 828 straight to 883 and never saw the coupon option. Did I need to install build 85x in order to get it? What am I missing? Been using RubyMine EAP since Feb 09 and it’s been great!

Thanks,

Wolf

13. I’m feeling good about the offers,Discount couponsThere are tons of coupons out there and I believe that you are not going to be able to find every single one on a single site. coupons4save.com does it simple.