RubyMine 2.5 EAP update (95.314)—ready for the show

Check out the next update for RubyMine 2.5 preview. This build features the following major changes:

1. Smarter introduce feature for Ruby code (see screenshot below)
  2. Rails 3 support improvements
  3. Cucumber improvements:
    * Cucumber 0.7.3 escaped bars and backslashes support
    * Inspection warning about missing colon in Examples section declaration (see screenshots below)
    * Structure view improved
  4. .idea folder is hidden from the Project View
  5. PivotalTracker and Lighthouse integration with Tasks feature
  6. *.rdoc syntax highlighting
  7. Performance optimizations
  8. Broken RVM support is fixed.

Read the full release notes and download RubyMine 2.5 EAP build 95.314.

Some screenshots:

Some of RubyMine team are currently at RailsWayCon in Berlin, and we’re going to RailsConf next week, so if you’ll be there—stop by the JetBrains booth for a chat and to get some cool stuff!

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to RubyMine 2.5 EAP update (95.314)—ready for the show

1. Jeremy says:

95.314? The last version was 96.172. What system do you use for version numbers?

2. Mark Wilden says:

This is the first new version of RM I’ve used where all my previous settings aren’t used. Right off the bat, I can see that my toolbar is back to the default and so are my tool window tabs. I’d really like to avoid recreating my desired environment.

3. Seban says:

Hi. You are at RailsWayCon in Berlin and you are not in EuRuKo in Cracow. I am disapointed :(. Anyway, nice to see that RubyMine is under strong development right now. Looking forward to see good 2.5 version. What does third image mean, expressions?

4. dennis.ushakov@jetbrains.com says:

@Seban: it’s smarter introduce feature, wait for the blogposts update to see in details

5. dennis.ushakov@jetbrains.com says:

@Mark: could you please send your idea.log to me. You can find it as described here http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/docs/DOC-1153

6. Roman Chernyatchik says:

@Jeremy,
    First digits group means IntelliJ Platform version, the second – RubyMine build number. At current moment 96 is a trunk version and 95 is a more stable branch.

@Seban,
    Now “introduce variable” refactoring asks which expression do you want to introduce if you haven’t selected it

@Mark,
    In new major versions we move settings,logs and caches to another folder (e.g to avoid conflicts if you have both new and old versions). RM provides auto import settings of previous version. On first 2.5 EAP launch RM should suggest to import 2.0.2 settings. Probably you refused to import old settings or RM 2.5 didn’t suggest it due to some bug. As a workaround you can copy RM 2.0.2 settings to RubyMine 2.5. Which OS do you use? E.g. on Mac you can copy ~/Library/Preferences/Rubyine20 to ~/Library/Preferences/Rubymine25. In any case please send idea.log to Dennis.

7. Mark Wilden says:

I copied the preferences and now 2.5 uses the same settings as before – cool!

I don’t believe I would’ve not imported settings if asked, but you never know. I sent my log to Dennis.