RubyMine 2.5 EAP (build 97.39) – getting close to Beta

New RubyMine EAP update is available which is probably last before 2.5 Beta.

We’ve switched the development to a more stable platform branch, hence the 97 in the build number. Some other changes include:

Check out the release notes with full list of changes since the last update and download this build from EAP page.

We are getting really close to RubyMine 2.5 Beta, so any feedback you provide at this moment is very important.

- Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to RubyMine 2.5 EAP (build 97.39) – getting close to Beta

1. It’s coming along nicely, I’m using it instead of 2.0.2 as my daily driver. Only thing I’ve noticed in this release is that the debugger takes an age to start, but that just forces me to write better tests ;)

2. Does that mean this release is missing some features from 98.47?

3. yole says:

The main missing feature is the autopopup code completion. The Ruby code completion hasn’t been tweaked for good operation with autopopup code completion anyway, and the performance impact is also noticeable.

4. It looks like the new versions messed up some shortcuts. I can’t use CMD+n for “New” (classes, files, …) in the editor view.

Using Mac 10.6.

5. Roman Chernyatchik says:

Helmut,

I assume you mean “Cntrl+N” instead “Meta(CMD)+N”. But it really doesn’t work in this build. Thanks, we’ve just fixed it.

6. Roman Chernyatchik says:

P.S: As a workaround – assign shortcut manually. For this:
    1. Open RM | FIle | Settings | Keymap
    2. Save as your default “Default for Mac OS X” keymap with some other name (built-in keymaps are readonly)
    3. In search field type “new” action name and assign shortcut to “Main Menu | File | New” action and probably to “Other | New” action too.

7. Bob Hutchison says:

Any plans on supporting this syntax:

some_function(a: 1, b: 2)

in addition to the traditional:

blah(:a => 1, :b => 2)

8. Hey! The Mac OS X installer now looks prettier! More like the good mac applications out there. Nice!

I think, though, that in the Mac OS X installer, it’s confusing to have the Applications icon instead of the RubyMine icon as the icon of what you have to drag to the Applications folder to install.

9. Thanks Pablo!
    Though I do not really understand the confusing thing you mention. I see the DMG like this: http://confluence.jetbrains.net/download/attachments/37224538/dmg_background.png And I drag RubyMine to Applications.
    Do you see it different? Please send a screenshot if yes. Thank you!

10. Oleg Shpynov says:

@Bob,

This syntax is already available, please ensure you’ve configured Ruby Interpreter to use 1.9 language level.

Regards,
    Oleg

11. Bob Hutchison says:

@Oleg, so it is. Turns out that I had rvm setup wrong in RubyMine. Sorry about the noise.

12. Anton says:

Looks like the EAP download links for the 2.5 builds are gone from the wiki… You might want to add them back in.

13. Anton: the newer version has been released yesterday. Please update to it. Download links are available.

14. Anton says:

Eugene: I might be missing something, but I only see 3.0 Beta download link on http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/RUBYDEV/RubyMine+EAP – the others are all links to release notes only, I don’t see any links to 2.5EAP download. I had to dig through wiki page history going back about 5 revisions before I could see a 2.5 EAP download link, which I then had to change by hand to latest release version filename to download it.

15. Anton: I do not really see why you need an older 2.5EAP? 3.0 Beta is a newer version. Please note that EAP builds expire after a certain period of time.

16. Anton says:

Eugene: I thought 2.5Beta to 2.5 was more stable, and 3.0 was more experimental. Are you guys not releasing 2.5 and are going straight into 3.0?

17. Anton: Yes, this is correct. There will be no 2.5 release

18. Anton says:

Eugene: ah, that makes more sense than. Thanks for all the great work!