RubyMine 2.5 EAP (build 98.47) – bugfixes and more

Hello guys,

We’ve just published yet another EAP build of the coming-soon RubyMine 2.5,  this build mostly contains bugfixes.

Several memory leaks were fixed in IntelliJ platform, we’ve made some UI improvements for Linux GTK, also this build contains important fixes for debugging Ruby 1.9, we’ve spent a lot of time investigating the problems and pretty sure RubyMine will cope much better now in different environments.
Also we’ve improved RSpec 2 codeinsight support featuring better autocompletion, go to declaration, etc.

At the moment there are less than 80 issues tagged Fix for RubyMine 2.5 and the number is going down.

We are pretty greedy for your feedback, so any comments are highly appreciated. Feel free to download and try this EAP build.

Release notes are available here.

- Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to RubyMine 2.5 EAP (build 98.47) – bugfixes and more

1. I sometimes believe you must hate me with my constant stream of report of weird bugs, but I really love RubyMine and I haven’t felt like this for a tool for ages.

I was forced to jump to the EAP shortly after 2.0.2 was released… I now forgot what it was, maybe Bundler; and I really like to see how much it improved and how much more robust it’s becoming recently.

Please, keep up with the good work!

2. Roman Chernyatchik says:

Hello Pablo,

Oh no, we like feedback and your bug reports make RubyMine better! We really appreciate it. Thank you for warm words!

3. I’ve now been using this release for a while, have you done something to the autocomplete? It seems so much better! Sometimes it’s annoying, there are a couple of rough edges here and there but it is really helpful, both in Ruby and JavaScript.

4. erwann says:

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a “Beta” icon for those who are also using Rubymine stable release?

5. Oleg Shpynov says:

Hi erwann,

What kind of icon do you mean?

6. erwann says:

Hi Oleg,
    The desktop icon

7. erwann says:

Hi Oleg,
    I mean the desktop icon

8. Hemant Kumar says:

One suggestion I have is, Rubymine uses completely different formatting for hashes, for example:

Idiomatic Rubists writes a hash like:

a = {
    :foo => “Bar”
    :baz => “Bleh”
    }

Rubymine insists on:

a = {
    :foo => “Bar”
    :baz => “Bleh”
    }

Its not even configurable. Another thing is memory and CPU usage. I am typing this from i5 MacBook Pro with 4GB Ram and Rubymine runs like a dog whenever I open my work project (which is very large rails app).

9. Hemant Kumar says:

Okay your comment system ate up indentation problem that I was hoping to illustrate; I hope you got the gist.

10. Oleg Shpynov says:

Herman,

I’ve created an issue for this: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RUBY-6910

11. Oleg Shpynov says:

Hemant,

Actually it is not a problem, please configure Settings | Code style | General | Ruby | Continuation Indent.

12. Hemant Kumar says:

@Oleg,

You are right, that did the trick. Can we make that default for Ruby please? It is obvious that Ruby world uses aforementioned scheme for indentation.

13. Hi there

I’ve just started using the new version of RubyMine 2.5 and I’m trying to get it to run my RSpec 2 tests. Unfortunately I saw a demo for RSpec 1.x where a user runs the tests by running a rake task spec, however with RSpec 2 I don’t seem to have any rake task for running the specs. How do you run RSpec 2 tests in RubyMine?

Matt

14. Oleg Shpynov says:

Hello Matthew,
    In case if you want to launch single file or test just place a caret inside your file/test, right click and select Run | …. Spec.
    In case you want to launch a bunch of tests in a folder, select folder in project view, right click, select Run | All specs.

Regards,