RubyMine 4.0.3 RC is Here

Hello everyone,

April has already come and we’re preparing and looking forward for RailsConf 2012. The team is working actively on the next major version. However we’ve got a bunch of bugfixes for 4.0 including migrations editing performance improvements. RubyMine 4.0.3 is based on the last platform version so that Subversion (SVN) 1.7 is also supported in RubyMine now. UI for Git branches was reworked as well.

So please download RubyMine 4.0.3 Release Candidate, check out the release notes, and let us know if anything goes wrong.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to RubyMine 4.0.3 RC is Here

1. xeLL says:

Finally!

2. gonzalo.vinas says:

Great I was looking for SVN 1.7 support from SVN Kit!! Great work! I love the speed of v4!

3. Stephan says:

Cool. Missed the SVN support for 1.7. Thanks for adding this!

4. How about updating the Ruby plugin for IDEA 11?

• Dennis Ushakov says:

Ruby plugin was updated at Friday and is compatible with 117.117. You can check for updates manually. Please report if it still doesn’t work for you

5. Stephan says:

As much as I like it on my Mac, on a Win XP I get this error message:

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry crc-32 (expected 0x3e96b73b but got 0×0)
    at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:233)
    at com.intellij.updater.PatchFileCreator.apply(PatchFileCreator.java:66)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner.doInstall(Runner.java:192)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner.access$000(Runner.java:13)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner$1.execute(Runner.java:159)
    at com.intellij.updater.SwingUpdaterUI$5.run(SwingUpdaterUI.java:185)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Just thought you might like to know.

6. Doug Noel says:

When I updated on Windows, RubyMine was unable to auto-restart. It informed me I had to manually restart. After that, it seems to be working fine.

7. Another awesome KILLER feature almost went unnoticed: automatic variable highlighting. When I put the cursor on any variable in my source code – all instances of this same variable/method are highlighted. This is very handy! I now almost never have to do a quick Ctrl+F search.

BTW, this feature existed forever in NetBeans and it was almost the only thing I was missing when I switched to RubyMine…

Great work, JetBreains! I Love you guys!

• Dennis Ushakov says:

Thank you for warm words!
      Actually it was always there in the Preferences | Editor, but that’s first version where it’s turned on by default.
      Develop with pleasure! =)

8. Heinrich Klobuczek says:

I have a paid licence of rubymine. Why I am being suggested by the tool to update to 4.0.3 RC? If I paid for the licence I expect to be suggested only fully tested releases.

• Dennis Ushakov says:

Hello Heinrich,
      this happened due to some limitations in our notification system. We wanted to make this update available because it fixed couple of serious problems, sorry for inconveniences caused