What’s Mining: CoffeeScript Debugger

Hello everyone,

New Year has come and RubyMine Enoki major release is so close now! So it is time to tell you about one more cool new feature we’re working on. We’re glad to announce that with the last RubyMine EAP build you can debug your .coffee files using the visual debugger:

Please follow the configuration instructions to start debugging your CoffeeScript code. You can also take a look on an example application we’ve prepared for you.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Better Code and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to What’s Mining: CoffeeScript Debugger

1. Pawel says:

Waiting for next EAP build – when are you planning to issue such (as license for current one expires in 2 weeks…)?

2. Andrey Vokin says:

Pawel, debugging of CoffeeScript is available in already published EAP of RubyMine.

3. Pawel says:

I know cause I’m using it :) – just asking when new EAP build will be published (I’m sending a lot of reports with the current one)

4. Des.P says:

Is there — either currently or planned in some JetBrains IDE — a way to use this coffeescript debugging in non-Rails projects e.g. if I am developing both client-side code and server-side code in coffeescript?

Thanks!

• Andrey Vokin says:

Des.P, method described in this post works only for Ruby on Rails applications

• Benjamin Cox says:

I’m not clear on the usual process of getting from RubyMine EAP status over to “released in IntelliJ”. I guess once the EAP becomes a real release, you’ll release those features in a Ruby plug-in shortly thereafter? Is that how it works?

Just trying to get a sense for when IntelliJ users get to join in the fun.

FWIW, I’m also extremely interested in coffeescript debugging outside of Rails. I use it exclusively for all of my Backbone and NodeJS work nowadays.

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

Benjamin, you’re right. The stable EAP version once becomes Beta, and a polished Beta becomes the final release version. However, Ruby plugin has the same release cycle as IntelliJ has, not RubyMine. So all the new features from the final RubyMine Enoki will be available in Ruby plugin after IntelliJ 12.1 release.

Concerning CoffeeScript debugging outside of Rails – we are working on it now. Hopefully will finish to the final RubyMine Enoki release or to the one of minor releases afterwards. Stay tuned!

5. Anton says:

Just installed new update recently and while started coffeescript debugger, which worked just fine couple days ago, not asked for open new chrome window for debugging. I accepted this, but now when starting debugger it just open the page, and with no output to console, also now I cant set breakpoints. What am I did wrong and how can I make it all back? thx