RubyMine 5 Release Candidate is Here

Hello everyone,

RubyMine 5 release candidate is ready! You’ll find a lot of fixes there with the main focus on debugging with remote SDK and performance problems. In addition, to make your development environment more customizable and pleasant, we added GitHub color scheme.

Please download RC build from our EAP page. You can find all major changes on RubyMine site and take a look at the latest changes in release notes.

Please stay tuned at these last days before the release. Your feedback is very welcome as always and even more.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement, Comfort and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to RubyMine 5 Release Candidate is Here

1. Rodrigo says:

I’m currently evaluating the version 5, via EAP 125.39.

Not sure if it’s only on my enviroment, but the print preview of diagrams is broken.

Not tested the printing itself, since my printer is broken at this moment.

2. Kawika says:

Is there a way to revert to the previous UI icons?

• Kawika says:

Actually got used to them pretty quick. The folder icon is a bit difficult to process visually along side text though, because of the empty/white middle vs a single color. Goes well with the Dracula variant but not as well, for me, in a lighter theme.

Other than that 5 seems like another great upgrade. Thanks for the work.

3. Alex Kovshovik says:

It suddenly doesn’t work on Ubuntu 12.10 – won’t start and I can’t find anything in logs yet.. It worked on all previous EAP versions – all was fine.

Well, might have to go back to previous EAP for now or even download RubyMine 4.5

• Alex Kovshovik says:

Never mind – sorry. Older EAP versions no longer work on my system. This has probably something to do with Ubuntu updates: I’ve installed a couple before I’ve upgraded RubyMine.

• hron84 says:

If you want to figure out what happened, check .xsession-errors log in your home folder, or, if it does not contains any RubyMine-related error, then try start it from terminal application. It should print a bunch of stuffs.

• Alex Kovshovik says:

I’ve tried running it in terminal – didn’t get any errors in there, except for the warning about Open JDK. I’ll check my .xsession-errors next time I have it (if this would ever happen again).

A simple reboot of my system somehow solved an issue – this is weird :) Just like in that video on YouTube about “Website is down”: “Did you reboot? How many times?”… I now feel like a total noob :)

4. Hemant Kumar says:

It always runs in 64bit mode now. Even when in Finder I ask it to open in 32 bit mode.