RubyMine Momiji Roadmap

Hello everyone,

First, we want thank you all for the feedback regarding the latest RubyMine 5.4.3.2.1, we hope our recent changes really help you develop iOS and OS X applications with pleasure. But life goes on and we keep on moving forward to make RubyMine an even better place to code.

So please welcome the roadmap for the next version which is codenamed Momiji. At the moment there are two major focuses of this upcoming release: improving Ruby support and performance optimization.

As for other changes, they will include:

• Multiple projects support;
  • Zeus integration;
  • Chef support;
  • New refactorings: Extract class and Find duplicates for Extract Method;
  • General code insight improvements;
  • Remote interpreters support improvements, and more.

Stay tuned not to miss the EAP launch!

As a part of our performance improvements we’re moving Ruby extensions for RubyMine from the core to a plugin. If you’re using any non-builtin scripts in Settings | Extensions, please contact us.

This entry was posted in Better Code, Feature, WhatsMining and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to RubyMine Momiji Roadmap

1. Jonah R says:

This sounds awesome! I’m excited about the new refactoring features and the multiple projects support. I wanted to share a little secret.

A few months ago I had a pirate copy and I felt like an asshole for not paying for such an amazing product. With each update, the guilt trip would just go up at the same rate of the improvements and new features. I couldn’t live with myself and finally bought it. Best investment ever. Worth every dollar and more. The RubyMine development team is one of the most awesome I’ve seen. Thank you for the care you put into your tools.

Jonah R

• daria.dovzhikova says:

Jonah, thanks a lot for your response and for using a legal copy :)
      Hopefully RubyMine continues helping you.

2. Gam says:

Can’t wait for Zeus and Minitest:Spec integration!

3. DarkDeny says:

Sounds interesting, especially feature with multiple projects! I am developing multicomponent solution, and it is not comfortable to open many RubyMines to have several projects opened, and particular projects stop working if I open whole ‘solution’ folder as a single project =(.

4. doug says:

Really looking forward to the Zeus, Minitest:Spec, refactoring, improved inspections & performance improvements. The EAP can’t come fast enough!

5. Chris says:

Just a heads up, looks like the Rubymine help is already listed as version 6.0. It will be nice to have an EAP release to test with.

What’s New in Version 6.0
    Ruby Support
    Ability to add Ruby SDK per project
    Ruby sdks and gems are configured per project
    Rails Support
    Run/debug configuration for Zeus server
    Projects and Modules
    Ability to work with several projects in one window
    Ruby Gems
    New way to access the remote repositories of Ruby Gems
    Configuring Project and IDE
    Ability to manage settings for each of the projects, opened in the same window
    Ruby Gems are configured per project
    Project structure is configured per project
    Data Access Support
    Auto sync is now available for databases
    Database access via SSH is supported

6. Conrad Taylor says:

Hi, I would like to also see ‘Replace Method with Method Object’ aka ‘Extract Method Object’ refactoring in the upcoming release. I tend to refactor large methods with locals by first doing an ‘Extract Method Object’ followed by ‘Extract Method’. Then I many need to relocate extracted method(s) by using ‘Move Method’ refactoring if it doesn’t make sense within the current class. Lastly, I would like to see a public API which allows developers to build their own refactorings.

7. Amar says:

I’ve been experiencing RubyMine freezes on a regular basis. I filed a bug — http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-14008 — and it was closed as fixed in build 130.1474. Is there a time frame on when this build (or a subsequent build that incorporates the fix) will be available? Thanks

8. Pingback: RubyMine Momiji(もみじ) EAPリリース! | JetBrains ブログ