Today the new versions of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins for IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 have been released and are available for download. In case if you have the plugins already installed just press Update Plugin. From now the build process of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins is common, so Play 2.0 plugin has the same build number.
Please note that if you are running IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP you should use 0.18.28 (or higher) version of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins.
The new features in the release include:
- Introduce field refactoring
- Display type on mouse hover action (available from settings)
- Convert Java collection to Scala collection intention (jozic contribution)
- SCL-5889 Fixes in breakpoint placement
- SCL-5858 Fixed deadlock
- SCL-4784 Improved unused import detection
- Fixes in Debugger evaluate expression including evaluation of references to values defined in patterns.
- Various Inplace Introduce Variable fixes
- Implemented Java/Scala collection detection in Play project
- Lots of stability improvements in Play plugin