TeamCity 8.0 is coming and we’re thrilled to present the next EAP to you! Working hard, we have added several new features and we continue to make improvements of the existing ones.
New make in IDEA Project runner
We integrated a new IntelliJ IDEA external make bringing all of the goodies provided by this tool into TeamCity:
- support for different languages like Groovy, Scala, Closure, etc.
- ability to build Android projects and artifacts, as well as all other types of artifacts supported by IntelliJ IDEA itself
- faster compilation thanks to the highly optimized IntelliJ IDEA make tool, plus the ability to build a project incrementally
All meta-runners are now stored on the project level. In other words, you can create a meta-runner which will be available in your project and its sub-projects only and won’t be visible outside. Also we have made several important fixes in the Meta-runner itself.
There are other improvements including:
- human assignable identifiers for VCS roots;
- new icons in the web interface and IntelliJ plugin;
- and so on.