PhpStorm/WebStorm EAP build 95.17

We are getting really close to Beta and feature freeze so we trying to stuff just as much new as possible in each EAP. The most notable in this one are:

• PHP Debugger got simpler configuration UI. We acknowledge that both XDebug and server path mappings setup is a major pain points for our users and constantly working on improvements in this area. Expect further including automatic validation of php.ini and server path mappings
  • Remote host support got several usability improvements, better exposure of its features, and important bugfixes
  • JavaScript Debugger will work with PHP files. If you want both PHP and JS debugging just start both sessions in any suitable order
  • PHP include_path is now supported. Import your php.ini right from Settings|PHP and edit it as appropriate
  • PHP include analysis will now supports all sorts of dynamic expressions. It will also report if expression was too complex to analyse. This is really fresh and fragile and we need all possible feedback from you
  • PHP Completion was significantly reworked and should have much better performance. There also some changes in its behavior – please give us feedback about its overall new feel
  • PHP editor received several code assists: improved Override method, Generate getters and setters, QuickFix for “Interface not implemented”
  • Code folding now honors default settings and is saved properly, added ability to fold HEREDOC and NOWDOC
  • Settings search is now reliable. In all previous EAP packages its index was broken. This was a nasty bug since many users were unable to find required options. Also remember about Action search – just invoke Search|Find Action from main menu
  • Full list is available in issue tracker

Known Issues

• All stuff that is not marked as “Fixed” in the tracker
  • Zen Coding shortcut is changed temporarily to Ctrl+Shift+Enter (Complete Statement action)

Download Web IDE EAP build 95.17 for your platform from project EAP page.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Early Access Preview, PhpStorm, WebStorm and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to PhpStorm/WebStorm EAP build 95.17

1. Zoooom says:

where is standard function “substr” ?
    marked color but not autocompleted and ctrl-hover && ctrl-click => “cannot find declaration”

2. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@Zoooom There’s a bugtracker for bug reports. And it works for me – so prepare a sample and a screenshot.

3. Brendon says:

i’m trying to install the atlassian jira plugin but its asking for junit, is it possible to install this plugin in the web/php ide?

4. Marcus says:

Where is the php filetype? I can’t edit my php files since EAP 94.583.
    Is it my mistake?

5. Marcus says:

Ok is must use the phpstorm ide now. hmm …

6. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@Brendon You can only install plugins listed as compatible at Settings|Plugins|Available tab. Please ask Plugin developer (Atlassian) about providing *Storm compatible version. We have a blog post with guidelines here.

7. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@Marcus Use PhpStorm for full-featured PHP development. WebStorm will provide editing of php files with highlighting only, no completion, refactoring or other features inside of tags. Current absence of php file type in WebStorm is a temporary packaging issue.

8. Ivan says:

Congrats on the Remote Host panel improvements! Now I can make this my default IDE.
    Although, I have experienced a couple of things:

- I can’t drag a file to the project window and “replace” the file. If the file exists it will just tell me it exists and press OK.
    - The font rendering is not coming from Windows right? Is there a way to change this? I’m a big fan of GDI++

9. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@Ivan Please file file bug reports/feature requests to tracker.
    As to font antialiasing – check out Settings|Appearance|Look and Feel, set it to OS native.

• Fixticks says:

@Alexey I did not see that option , I really want to change the font rendering to the quality of other editors out there. Have beautiful fonts like monaco but it looks horrible in phpstorm 3.0

• Fixticks says:

So what i did is, use the Dejavu sans mono font. and edited the Editor | Colors and Fonts | … removing the bold option where it lay in various sections, and now my code looks kinda cleaner and pleasing.

10. Joe says:

Great release! In case this issue passed by… When editing a PHP file double clicking on a variable highlights the entire word including the $. in a smarty template(.tpl) it highlights the word up to the $ sign. I don’t think one way is better than the other but please be consistent!

11. Eugene Limorenko says:

please tell us whether an increase in search of support would be formatted html, css code? That is not enough! Respect you! Editor super!

12. Jeroen says:

@Alexey, I do not have the “OS native” option in Appearance. I run on Sun/Oracle JDK in Ubuntu.

The fonts all over the programm look like they are rendered “bold” and “hard”.

13. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@Jeroen “OS native” for ubuntu is “GTK+”

14. Min says:

Tell me please, how I can import fonts from the OS (Ubuntu) to PhpStorm. In particular, I want to set system Monospace, but there only monospaced exists. I setted JAVA_FONTS in the .bashrc to /usr/share/fonts/, but it doesn’t helped.
    And how I can change font in the interface – in the menu and in the Project window tree?
    Thanks

15. nik says:

@Min As far as I understand “Monospace” is an alias for “DejaVu Sans Mono” so you can select “DejaVu Sans Mono”. Font in the interface can be changed in Settings | Appearance.

16. Alexander Ilyin says:

I have small problem: I’ve installed PhpStorm 2.0, and today it’s evaluation license expired, so I grab latest EAP but it also requires license key. It makes me sad.

Comments are closed.