Master the latest web standards with WebStorm 2.0!

Greetings from JetBrains!

WebStorm 2.0 — the intelligent IDE for front-end web-developers — is out!

With WebStorm 2.0, you can employ the latest web standards in your development with more ease: feel the safety of “use strict” mode in JavaScript, enjoy HTML5 richness, and manage your CSS with LESS or SASS.

The key changes include:

• ECMAScript 5 “use strict” support
  • Support for Leaner CSS (LESS) and SASS/SCSS extensions for CSS added
  • Relax NG for XML
  • Added Mercurial support
  • Integration with issue trackers is extended to GitHub, PivotalTracker and RedMine
  • Reworked UI for all supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS and Linux

Read more about what’s new, go ahead and try WebStorm 2.0!

We want to thank all the early adopters for their very useful feedback!

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Release Announcements, WebStorm and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Master the latest web standards with WebStorm 2.0!

1. Rowno says:

When will full HTML5 support be added? At the moment, things like the data-* attributes, a lot of the Javascript APIs and some CSS3 properties like rgba color values, generate warnings and don’t have any auto-complete.

2. nicity says:

2Rowno we are not aware the problems you described, please report details to the bug tracker

3. Joacim Boive says:

@Rowno – Have you set the doctype to HTML5 / Created a HTML5 document? Had the same problem until I realized that I was in a XHTML document…

Change the doctype to HTML and Presto!

Great work by Jetbrains!

/J

4. opaopa6969 says:

How can I edit xml documents associated with relaxng schema.

Maybe there should be a setting that can map namespaces or root element name and schema files.
    (I’m glad if nvdl support)

But, I can not find it.

regards

5. Rowno says:

@Joacim Boive In the project I’m working on the HTML is split across multiple files so this isn’t really possible and in another project where I did set the HTML5 doctype, HTML5 APIs like FormData, File and the new AJAX properties are validated as unresolved and aren’t available in auto-complete either.

6. Rowno says:

@nicity That seems to have fixed it. :)

7. Eugene.Kudelevsky says:

@opaopa6969

You can configure “namespace -> schema file” mapping in IDE Settings | Resources | Configure External Resources

8. Nico says:

I read everywhere that PhpStorm 2.x has a Redmine integration but can’t figure it out how to enable it. Could anyone point me in the right direction.
    Cheers