PhpStorm & WebStorm 2.1.1 EAP build 107.175

Early Access Program for PhpStorm & WebStorm 2.1.1 opens today with build 107.175. A set of small yet important bugfixes along with general improvements is available for your pleasure.  Most voted changes under PhpStorm umbrella are:

• ToDo in PHPDoc now recognized properly
  • Type inference now works properly for $object->property[$index] expressions
  • .htaccess colors and fonts are n0w customizable
  • Statement preview tip will now work properly for braces-on-new-line code style

More details on web features available in build changelog and on core features in platform changelog

Do not hesitate with your feedback – the 2.1.1 schedule is really tight!

Download PhpStorm & WebStorm 2.1 EAP build 107.175 for your platform from project EAP page.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Early Access Preview, PhpStorm, WebStorm and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to PhpStorm & WebStorm 2.1.1 EAP build 107.175

1. Rafi B. says:

Thank you for this great upgrade. Lot’s of good fixes.

2. Ryan says:

What is the best way to upgrade to 2.1.1 from 2.1

Do I un-install then re-install or do I install over ?

Thanks

3. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@Ryan well it depends on OS. Basically you just use the new one and do whatever you want with old. Be sure to not “uninstall” your settings though.

4. Chris says:

The default install path does not include the EAP number like previous EAPs have. It wanted to install in “%ProgramFiles%JetBrainsPhpStorm 2.1″ by default, which is where the release version is.

It is easy enough to just add the EAP number to the end of that, but it would be convenient if the installer defaulted to that.

5. michael says:

@Ryan, I find its good to call the directory /PhpStorm and when i do an upgrade, rename that directory to /PhpStorm_old so i always have the current EAP and the previous one incase a revert is necessary.

6. Denis says:

When I try upgrade my PHPStorm EAP 107.56 program requires a key. But EAP is free trial.Why is this happening?

7. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@Denis All bug fix updates share 30-day trial period with corresponding major release build, even the weekly EAP builds.

8. David Rees says:

Just a suggestion, but I think showing the build release notes in subsystem order (like the platform) would be more useful. So http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issues/WI?q=fix+for%3A+{EAP+107.175}+sort+by%3A+Subsystem or http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/releaseNotes/WI?q=fix+for%3A+{EAP+107.175}+sort+by%3A+Subsystem if you like the minimalist view.

9. michael says:

@Denis, I had exactly this same problem. Because i had registered with a key i could not continue using the EAP’s because the key was in my settings.

To get around it first export your settings via File -> export settings in the IDE. Then deleted or rename the folder ~/.Webide10 so that your settings are gone.

Then download the EAP and open it. You will now be able to see the evaluation button that was not there on your current version because you had a license key.

It works after that.

10. David Mauas says:

I am an avid user of PHPStorm, and have recently started working with symfony 1.4 framework.
    I am experiencing serious problems with code completion, because the symfony framework by default creates multiple declarations of classes as you work with it.

My team mates are working with netbeans and are constantly making fun of me for using “this IDE” which cannot parse the symfony class hierarchy, while netbeans “which is free” does the trick easily.

I don’t mind having a mesh-up of all the class declarations, with some predefined logic as to which class methods/members take precedence (LIFO or FIFO I don’t care) – but any code completion is better than no completion at all!
    I am mostly concerned with issues like the IDE not recognizing parent class methods’ existence at all – which causes my code to look red all over – when in fact if I dig in… the declarations are right there.

I believe that anything that I can find in the code hierarchy and understand with my human mind – the IDE should parse and do it for me.

When will the message “Multiple PHP class definitions across project *will* confuse IDE…” be removed, and the issue be solved?

Please help!

11. Alexey Gopachenko says:
  12. Nick says:

@Alexey, This issue affects all PHP developers utilizing OOP and that linked issue is 9 months old now. I see the warnings on an included class that I instantiate as an object property and try utilizing its functions. Namespaces don’t help either:

require ‘classB.php’;
    $objectA->objectB = new namespaceAclassB();
    $objectA->objectB->functionA(); //undefined method functionA

I really love using phpStorm as it offers a ton more features over other IDEs like phpEd. It’s unfortunate that the validator has been broken for so long. Since I can’t trust this validation check, I’m forced to disable it until it’s fixed.

I recommend that this issue gets elevated. Why keep adding new features when an existing feature has been broken for 9 months?

Comments are closed.