WebStorm & PhpStorm celebrate their First Birthday! Renewals available.

Hello everyone,

A full year has passed since we published the first release of WebStorm/PhpStorm — two IDEs for web developers, and this month we are celebrating our First Birthday!

Thanks to all the valuable feedback from you, our team knows where to direct its efforts and create products that meet the latest web development requirements.

WebStorm 2.1 and PhpStorm 2.1 have just been released and versions 3.0 are on their way!

For some of you this milestone also means it’s time to upgrade your license.

According to our licensing policy, the license is permanent and includes one year of free product upgrades since the purchase date, including even major version upgrades. This means all license owners received the recent 2.1 as a free update.

For those whose year of free upgrades is over, we now provide renewals. You can renew your upgrade subscription during your 1 year or within 1 year after its expiration. Regardless of the actual upgrade subscription renewal date, your new upgrade subscription term will always start on the date following your previous upgrade subscription expiration date.

Get your renewals for our 1-year olds: WebStorm and PhpStorm!

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to WebStorm & PhpStorm celebrate their First Birthday! Renewals available.

1. Peter Riet says:

It was the best money ever spent! PhpStorm is a wonderful product and by far the best IDE for PHP/HTML/JS/CSS development :)

I’d be happy to renew my license. Happy anniversary!

2. Rafi B. says:

Happy birthday phpStorm! :)

3. koubel says:

I’m little bit disappointed with PHPStorm 2.1, because critical bugs around __set, __get are opened since 1.0.2 and deferred for 3.0 now. So I’ll have to pay for 3.0 If I want to have proper solution for this bugs. But I understand you, you need to release stable version around this time, when first customers licenses will expire.

4. Igor Staknov says:

I’m very disappointed by the renewals policy…

If I leave the IDE aside for 6 months because I need to work on something else, I’ll be effectively wasting 6 months of support, because next time I renew, I’ll only get support for 6 months.

This is the first time I hear of such practice.

5. Stefan says:

Happy birthday, great work.

6. Belkin says:

2 Igor Staknov
    First time? most of software if you buy it you need to pay for upgrade to major version
    I bought 1.0 and i got few update for free now one ask me to pay.

And yes I am really happy that guys created such are powerfull software.

7. SublimeYe says:

Happy birthday)
    Great work and great support.
    Improving all the way ;)

8. Alex says:

Happy birthday to my favorite IDE and best wishes the developers who created it!

Have well deserved rest and let’s top other IDE’s in version 3 :)

9. Oleg says:

(= С ДнЁм рОжДениЯ! =)
    Вы всех вставили своими продуктами!)) Благодаря Вам реально легче разрабатывать. В общем много ЛаВэ и здоровья Вам!

Спасибо!

10. Kris says:

I would just like to say that PHPStorm completely fulfills Jetbrains Develop with Pleasure mantra. It has literally changed the way I feel about developing in PHP, from a chore to a joy. In the few short months that 2.0 has been out we have refactored an unbearable 10 year old codebase (full of here be Dragons areas) into something that I look forward to improving every day. 10 years of technical debt that was nearly at the point of being thrown out, saved by a fantastic IDE and Jetbrains incomparable statistical code analysis engine. Thank you, you guys are geniuses.

11. Terry says:

I’ve been trying to renew my license in advance (my license ends the 19th of June), but when I enter my license it gives me this message:

“We were unable to find any renew options for this license key. Please contact our sales team for clarifying.”

I sent an email yesterday to the sales team, but no news so far. How am I supposed to renew? Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

12. WayFarer says:

Are you planning to support parsing .phar archives? It will be very useful feature. For example Silex micro-framework is packed to single phar archive. PhpStorm currently can’t parse any files from it, so it have no any autocompletion.

13. Nikolay Matveev says: