PhpStorm & WebStorm 3.0.1

A highly recommended update containing important fixes and improvements across all subsystems is available for all users.

See build & platform changelogs 123 for more details.

Do not hesitate to download PhpStorm & WebStorm for your platform.
Patch-update from 3.0 release will be available soon.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in PhpStorm, Release Announcements, WebStorm and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to PhpStorm & WebStorm 3.0.1

1. Abdullah says:

Thanks,

When is Patch-update from 3.0 release will be available ? we are waiting :)

Regards

2. Oleg says:

Is JS features at phpStorm same as webStorm? Asking because of at start of release 3.x phpStorm was a bit behind.

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

They are always the same. Just check the build numbers :)

There are some advanced JS plugins that are bundled in WS and downloadable for PS.

• Peter says:

Is there a list of these advanced JS plugins? I use PhpStorm mainly for JS and would like to get these plugins too. I could not find any interesting JS in the Plugin Repository.

3. Bryan Green says:

Nice release. Thank you!

4. Ben says:

And IDEA PHP Plugin update?

5. Macuser says:

When will this be stable to run on the mac?

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

Not sure what exactly you are asking about – thousands of users use our IDEs on Mac since first release.

• David says:

I use it on my Mac at home and work. Works flawlessly on both.

• Ruffin says:

Yeah, I’ve been using PHPStorm on the Mac for over a year, never had a crash. Large files are occasionally slow (similar to Acomo), and I’ve had a few (optional) plugins act sketchy that have required restarts to correct, but overall I’ve been extremely pleased, and I use my Mac for 80+% of my php work.

6. Acomo says:

Still absolutely unusable in css, scss, less,[ html, php] files with more than aprox 1500 lines. At least 1 second delay after each char typed and that’s with all kind of tweakings.

It’s a great IDE but it’s extremely painful to work with it in large projects.

7. John says:

@Acomo: That’s Java for you. I never understood why programs like these are written in Java and not C++.
    Java is a fine language but personally I would think not very practical for this type of application where performance is a rather important requisite.

• Darren says:

IDEA/Eclipse/etc are written in Java because Java handles the display layer to the computer so they code can be written once and deployed everywhere. With C/C++ you need to know how to work with the target OS display properties, and compile an executable to the target. IDEA/Eclipse/etc would not be able to add all the components they do, and advance functionality they way they do across all the platforms as they would be chasing system issues.

I worked at Borland in the 90′s, a Tools company that in my opinion made one of the best C/C++ compilers in their day. To have gotten the tools to work on *nix or Mac, we would have to have a team of people that needed to know the internal display hooks to the systems. My biggest frustration was not being able to deploy and work on *nix and Mac. Java was a game changer, as was the internet and continues to be.

• Eugene OZ says:

What about Qt?

• lucifurious says:

Turbo C++ was the best C++ compiler I’ve ever used. Phillipe was the shit!

• John says:

There are plenty of programs out there written in C++ and other languages than Java that are deployed on multiple platforms. To name but a few: Firefox, Blender and Photoshop.
        My last programming was done over 10 years ago, but even then we could just convert from one OS to another with the use of clever compilers and modules. Don’t tell me things have de-evolved?

• Bryan Green says:

Don’t compare to Firefox… its single process is a nightmare for all we do with it these days. Chrome is great (process/tab) but doesn’t have “grown-up” plugin support.

8. Rafi B. says:

Build feels great, thanks

9. TwisterMc says:

I got an update notice that brings me here. Is the patch out? How do I download it? Or do I need to reinstall the whole app on my Mac?

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

If you don’t see “Patch” button – you got to download full dist.
      Just drag new version from DMG to Applications and run.

• TwisterMc says:

Tip: If you can, please name the app PhpStorm and exclude the version number. PhpStorm 3.0 and PhpStorm 3.0.1 are different apps due to the different name. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

10. dimti says:

waiting for a patch to upgrade from version 3.0

11. M.Ozan Hazer says:

Thanks for the update, inspector warnings about jQuery was really annoying I’m glad to see it fixed…

12. Victor says:

I get a 404 error when trying to download the Linux version.

13. Markus says:

Sounds great. Is there any way to get it as .zip for windows as well? For 3.0 we were able to download it by replacing .exe with .zip in the url, will this be possible for 3.0.1 and upcoming versions, too?

14. diews says:

=( Cant find php files support
    look screenshot https://skitch.com/diews/g6mwn/settings

Build #WS-111.271 (MacOs)

15. Is the only way to update from 3.0 to this update to use a patch? Or can we install the 3.0.1 over the 3.0 version?

Thanks!

16. John says:

I stopped waiting for the patch-update and downloaded the full installer. I hate that because it means I have to make a copy of my config files (I use a different locations for my settings folder), uninstall and then re-install.
    Please check your update-server because I suspect it fails to deliver it’s patch to everyone?

• Abdullah says:

True that ! I am still waiting for it to be fixed. I can’t bother having a fresh download and migrating all my configurations.

17. alienlebarge says:

Is the patch out ?
    How will we know when it will be release ?

18. Antony says:

I was trying to evaluate both PhpStorm and WebStorm on Mac, and it seems that they cannot run concurrently. Is that by design? Essentially, both program tries to open the same project, and which ever runs first and kick the other out of the launch sequence. So is PhpStorm a superset of WebStorm, meaning if we purchase PhpStorm, we wouldn’t need WebStorm?

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

PhpStorm is designed to cover all needs of PHP developer including full JavaScript, CSS and HTML support.
      On the other hand WebStorm is for hardcore JavaScript developers. It includes features PHP developer normally doesn’t need like Node.JS or JSUnit. However corresponding plugins can be installed into PhpStorm for free.

19. Ed Eichman says:

Any news on the patch?

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

Looks like everybody need to resort to installing new version into empty folder. We are investigating the problem.

20. jep says:

I wish there was an option to tell it “Don’t bother notifying me of an update until a patch is ready.”

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

The patch was ready along with the 1st notification – we are investigating why it can’t be applied to by end user copies.

• Ed Eichman says:

If the patch is ready, where can I find it? I will be glad to send you details of any problems I have when applying the patch.

• jep says:

Thanks for the clarification, Alexey. Apparently, my 3.0 patched itself to 3.0.1 at some point without me noticing. Of course, now it’s on to 3.0.2 and no patch yet. :D

Not a major complaint, as I love the product!

Comments are closed.