PhpStorm & WebStorm 5.0.2 released

We are rolling out set of very important fixes and performance improvements plus some new features:

PHP

• debugging of PHAR-packed code (only Xdebug engine supports this)
  • resolving, validation, rename and find usages for goto labels
  • indenting code with “Tab” key leaves HEREDOC end marker untouched
  • support for “unlimited parameters” attribute in PHPDoc ($name…)
  • complex doc @annotations (e.g. Doctrine) are not reformatted/broken anymore
  • PHPUnit tags in PHPDoc completion

JavaScript

• support for JSDoc typecasts
  • inspection with a quick fix for JSDoc not matching method/function signature
  • warn if an explicitly return value from a constructor is not an Object

Platform

• default look and feel on Linux changed from GTK+ to Alloy IDEA – it uses system fonts and has a much better overall quality (worth to try for current users too)
  • settings for Code Style, File Templates and Live Templates can be exported/imported separately and do not contain extra stuff like a list of recent projects, user credentials etc.

More details on bug fixes are available in issue tracker.

Download PhpStorm & WebStorm 5.0.2
Automatic update is available from 5.0.1 release build.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in PhpStorm, Release Announcements, WebStorm and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to PhpStorm & WebStorm 5.0.2 released

1. kris says:

if someone have installed EAP then is this different from them.

2. kris says:

oops, I means I have installed 5.02. EAP 26 september. is this GA or something different.

• Andriy Bazanov says:

What do you mean by “different”?

This is 5.0.2 final build, which has #121.285
      Previous EAP build of 5.0.2 had #121.272

Automatic update works from 5.0.1 final to this 5.0.2 final only.

3. asm says:

Any tips on how to set up file mappings in order to debug a phar file? I can break on a line in the phar, but I can’t see anything. Instead, I get this error:

Cannot find a local copy of the file on server /path/to/zf.phar/library/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php
    Local path is /path/to/zf.phar/libray/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php

I have the zend framework library packaged as a phar file…..

4. Vladimir says:

Upon starting PS it throws a notice “Framework MVC Structure Support: Looks like framework Yii is used in project.”. I am using CodeIgniter for that project and it is not listed. This is not a bug, but it looks like you guys are really going to implement more frameworks in PS :)

• Miyar says:

It is saying the same thing with my Kohana framework. I hope it is ok to just ignore for the time being.

• Robin Monks says:

It mistakes Drupal 7.x for Yii too ;(

• Mark says:

It also mistook my no-framework project for Symfony.

I’m not familiar with either Symfony or Yii, but aren’t there some tell-tale config files you could use to determine the framework more reliably?

• leneshka says:

Looks like it sees Yii or Symfony everywhere. I’m fixing it asap, watch issue. Please set “None” in project settings | Framework integration meanwhile.

5. Leighton says:

It mistakes fuelphp for Symfony2 :)

6. Dirk Luijk says:

Good work! Keep it up!

7. Willem says:

PHPUnit tags in PHPDoc completion
    Thanks, this is great!

8. Adaś Niezgódka says:

In this version i can not drag and drop file to PhpStorm to edit this file :(
    It is possible in 5.01 version.

9. Rafi B. says:

For Linux, I like the Nimbus look & feel. However font rendering under Linux is awful. Hopefully JetBrains will provide some concrete solution soon to this awful problem with Linux/Java/Swing.. IDEA-57233 Really.. My head/eyes hurt after a day’s work :(

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

We plan to support only one native and one custom LAF for all platforms. All other will be removed.

• Rafi B. says:

The “Alloy IDEA” theme makes all the system fonts in phpStorm huge (dialogs, project view, toolbar, etc). I have to check “Override default fonts by” and change “Size” from 15 to 13, leaving “Ubuntu” font selected, looks much better.

10. Eric says:

Hmm, fun, now it doesn’t remember Subversion credentials anymore, I have to re-enter all passwords every time I open a project.

• aragnophy says:

Yep, for me too. And Mac OS X internal firewall asking for permission to allow connections every launch. It happens once only on previous versions…

11. creatoro says:

The auto-update works great! It’s a really nice feature, thanks!

12. Aicke Schulz says:

I’m not sure i’ve I have misconfigured something, but every time the (html) document analysis is completed (about half a second after typing something) the whole document jumps horizontally, because the css colors on the left hand are recalculated.

AFAIK that wasn’t a problem in earlier versions.

13. Adrian Dimitrov says:

Great, but I just wondering when you plain to release 122.382 EAP, because the IDEA-63872 issue.

Regards!

• Andriy Bazanov says:

PhpStorm is currently on 121.xx branch. You better ask in that ticket if it can be backported to 121.xx (so it can be included in 5.0.x version), otherwise it will be in 5.x (if it is planned, of course) or even v6…

14. OZ says:

In this minor release I see more important features (for me) than in 5.0 :) Thank you.

15. Doster says:

There is a problem in SCSS documents since version 5. All vanilla CSS comments looks just like plain text instead of actual comments… are you planning to fix this? Thanks!

Comments are closed.