WebStorm 6 Public Preview Build

WebStorm 6 release is near!

And today we’re publishing a Public Preview build 127.27 with a set of latest fixes for TypeScript, File Watchers, Live Edit, CSS and Emmet. Besides, WebStorm now has REST Client plugin bundled by default.

Check out the overview of all WebStorm 6 features and download the build from WebStorm website.

If you haven’t yet tried the new features or still have some feedback, now is the best time to share it in the forum and bug tracker — the release build is about to launch!

Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Release Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to WebStorm 6 Public Preview Build

1. Raymond says:

Awsome! What about PhpStorm?

2. DarkPark says:

nice
    if possible I would like to suggest to give some thoughts to the dark theme Darcula
    some places are not very distinct – scroll-bar slider is almost invisible till you grab it
    scroll-bar vcs and warnings marks are 3D which looks good only when there are few of them

• ksafonov says:

Thanks! May I ask you to submit a request to the tracker (link above) and attach some screenshots so our UI team understands you right? You can login to the tracker via OpenID (gmail etc.)

3. Matiasj Sergei says:

Fix plees white tables in window Documentation Popup. In Darcula theme. Soory? but i loss link for bug tracker.

4. sroncolini says:

Thanks for your great work. Version 127.27 seems to have made a change in node debugging for typescript sources, I used to have a .js entry point with “require” of files coded as .ts, something like

var Test= require(“./Test”);
    var t= new Test.TestClass;
    t.DoSomething();

in program.js node startup file, where Test.ts is part of my project.
    In previous versions if I stepped into ex.DoSomething() or set a breakpoint in Test.ts I could debug Test.ts source. In version 127.27 the debugger steps into (tsc generated) Test.js. If I set a breakpoint in Test.ts the debugger does not stop, if I set a breakpoint in (tsc generated) Test.js the debugger stops.
    I tried to create a .ts entry point to configure, but WebStorm passes the .ts file to node, which is working only if the .ts file is legit javascript, but the code above becomes

///

import Test= module(“Test”);

and node throws an error.

How can I setup a node project using TypeScript and debugging .ts files?
    Thanks a lot.

• Vladimir Krivosheev says:

Does (tsc generated) Test.js contain reference to source map (sourceMappingURL)? If you want to debug Typescript, please compile it with flag -sourcemap (tsc -sourcemap Test.ts).

• sroncolini says:

Yes, Test.js does contain the reference

//@ sourceMappingURL=Test.js.map

The problem is not in the main (startup) file but in the imported (TS) \ required (JS) files in my project. This behavior is new in last version, TS debugging was working in previous versions. Thanks.

5. Ilker says:

It’s awesome. I love new ws. BUT firstly, i couldnt find new local-bundled-server link or button in app. I can use that only if i remember the localhost link. And i couldnt use debug in ws6 because chrome cannot find the connection. Maybe norton security 2013 blocks it but i allowed everything of webstorm. I think ws have problems with norton. You should test it.

6. Alexander Abakumov says:

The money I’ve spent on your WebStorm, guys, Is my best money spending.

Comments are closed.