PhpStorm 6 Public Preview

PhpStorm 6 release is just around the corner!

Today we’re publishing a PhpStorm 6 Public Preview build 127.67 with a set of latest fixes.

Those who already use our EAP builds – please download the latest build and be sure to report all the bugs in the issue tracker to be sure we are working on fixing it.

And if you are still using our stable 5.0.x builds – here is a summary of all improvements and new features we are planning to include in upcoming PhpStorm 6 release:

PhpStorm 6 significantly expands a variety of everyday actions available to be performed right from the IDE, e.g. managing dependencies with Composer, transpiling SASS/SCSS/LESS with File Watchers, testing RESTful web services with REST Сlient and others. PhpStorm 6 comes with new intelligent tools such as new refactorings, code (re)arranger, completely re-worked HTML structure view, Emmet for HTML and CSS, and more. Last but not least – refined fully dark UI scheme.

All of these brand new features are aimed to help PHP developers keep focus, remain productive and use the best technologies available to produce neat and well-tested code.

Check out the overview of all PhpStorm 6 features and download the build from PhpStorm website.

If you still have some feedback, now is the best time to share it in the forum and bug tracker — the release build is about to launch!

Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in PhpStorm, Release Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to PhpStorm 6 Public Preview

1. Seydamet says:

Why i can not upgrade from early EAP version?

2. Florin Patan says:

Thank you for this release and your hard work!

I do have a small issue to ask: What about: http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/PhpStorm/PhpStorm+Development+Roadmap ? Is it going to suffer any update?

Thanks once again.

3. tiger says:

The list of new features for PhpStorm 6 sucks :( I’m sad, even I have been on EAP since first EAP-build

4. Spherimorph says:

I’m having a problem with this release, each time the project indexing finishes all my code files go completely blank. The files exist (all of them) but become completely blank.
    Does anyone have this issue? Is it something i’m doing in the wrong way?

• ksafonov says:

Are your files local?

• Spherimorph says:

Yes, my “workspace” is in one folder (under version control) and the files are uploaded to a server.
        I initially thought the problem occured when uploading but i was wrong, when the indexing finishes all the files go blank.

5. ksafonov says:

OK, do you have an antivirus running?

• Spherimorph says:

Yes, i have Kaspersky.
      Thanks for your reply!

• ksafonov says:

What if you turn it off for a while?

• Spherimorph says:

Well, it’s working with Kaspersky turned off. This is strange, never happened in any other version. Besides turning Kaspersky off, is there any other solution?
          Thanks!

6. ksafonov says:

Jut set up an exclude directory in Kaspersky?

• Spherimorph says:

OK, apparently it’s working. Thanks for all the help and patience.
      Best regards

7. Hi, when you will release the 6?!

8. Eugene says:

Please write blog post about LESS compilation in Windows with Php/WebStorm. I can’t make it work.

9. I seem to be getting excessive memory use with this release. 570mb used after an hour of use on a basic WordPress project. Is there any kind of log I can send so you can have a look?

10. Hertzel Armegol says:

Same, here extreme memory usage, 800MB+ with a drupal 7 project… had to sop using it is there a way to get an older EAP? to go back to the pre-preview release?

11. Hertzel Armegol says:

NVM found the link using the page history feature.
    I’m skipping this release for now.

12. Howard says:

Can you update the docs on how to get PHPUnit generation working again? The instructions here are out of date because there is no “Skeleton Generator” page anymore in the PHPstorm 6 settings.

• Mikhail Vink says:

Thank you! I’ve reported our documentation team. They will fix this issue. Do you still have troubles configuring it and need an advice or everything is ok now?

• Howard says:

Hi Mikhail, I can’t find the method to setup the Skeleton Generator at all anymore so I still need help. Do you have any hints?

• Nikolay Matveev says:

Skeleton Generator is not supported anymore. We’ve implemented tests generation via ‘New’ -> ‘PHPUnit’ -> ‘PHPUnit Test’

13. Dennis says:

Hello. Is it possible to use PhpStorm EAP in commercial development? And if so, where can I find the confirmation of thin info on the official site?

14. Hi,
    can I rename a local variable in one shot like in Xcode?

public function my_method() {
    $to_change = 'hello';
    some_function( $to_change );
    echo $to_change;
    }

For instance, highlighting the $to_change, select rename, and all reference into my_method() will renamed.

Thanks for your great product!

15. Max says:

Hi! In this and previous builds for linux I can’t locate REST client, I have no such menu item. This is feature of Linux build?

Comments are closed.