dotMemory 4: Make More Sense of .NET Memory Usage
The smart and accurate .NET memory profiler from JetBrains is redesigned to bring in-depth memory usage intelligence combined with an easy learning curve
April 24, 2014
Prague, Czech Republic, April 24, 2014 — JetBrains, the creators of ReSharper, IntelliJ IDEA and other intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, today announced the availability of dotMemory 4.0, their brand new .NET memory profiler.
dotMemory builds on the OLAP concept to make possible the search for memory intelligence. It offers ten different criteria to apply to memory usage data, so you can view data from thousands of different angles, and drill-down, dice, slice or pivot as you wish. What makes dotMemory unique, however, is that you can jump to any data slice at any time, visualize, retrace or revisit any steps in your thinking, or even spin off on a tangent—all without losing your train of thought—until you finally pin down the issue.
“Memory profiling is all about code hygiene and maintaining your app’s health, proofing against any possible problems ahead of time. We created dotMemory to make this good habit more widespread and accessible to every developer,” said Edward Pavlov, dotMemory Team Lead. “It’s got an easy learning curve, data representations that are informative and visual, and it matches and supports your natural way of thinking as you dig deep into memory issues.”
The key features of dotMemory 4.0 include:
- Powerful automatic inspections to instantly detect common types of memory leaks.
- In-depth analysis of memory usage issues thanks to multiple data views, some of which are unique and not to be found in other profilers:
- Icicles Chart—to take in the entire call tree and navigate to the parts you need in just a few clicks.
- Group By Similar Retention—to tell similar objects apart, and to single out the subsystems consuming most memory, all on a single view.
- Object Key Retention Paths—to determine what is holding the object in memory, quicker than you would by manually checking retention paths one by one.
- Remote profiling to detect memory issues in running production environments.
- Memory traffic analysis to detect what causes excessive garbage collection.
- Comparing memory snapshots to visualize improvements or regressions in memory usage.
- Support for various types of applications based on .NET framework 2.0 up to 4.5.1, including desktop applications, web applications and web services.
- Timeline view to capture real-time data.
- Profiling API to invoke the profiler from exact code positions in your applications.
To learn more about dotMemory 4.0 and download a free 10-day evaluation, please visit the official dotMemory website at www.jetbrains.com/dotmemory.
For general information on pricing and licensing, please visit www.jetbrains.com/dotmemory/buy.
For any sales inquires and volume pricing options, please contact email@example.com (the Americas) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * *
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for ReSharper—a must-have productivity tool for .NET developers (see details at www.jetbrains.com/resharper), IntelliJ® IDEA—an award-winning Java™ integrated development environment (www.jetbrains.com/idea), and TeamCity—a continuous integration and build management environment (www.jetbrains.com/teamcity), among others.
JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in Russia, Germany, and the United States. For more information, see www.jetbrains.com.
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper and TeamCity are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
AI Assistant Update – August 2023
AI Assistant is a major new feature of the JetBrains IDE family in the 2023.2 release, offering integration of large language models into the IDE development workflow. The AI Assistant plugin is not bundled with the IDEs and needs to be installed separately from JetBrains Marketplace. One of the pri…
Your Go-To JetBrains Coding Tools Are Ready to Be Updated to 2023.2
We’ve now released the second update of the year for our family of IDEs, including IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, PyCharm, DataGrip, GoLand, DataSpell, and other tools included in your All Products Pack subscription. Check out the summaries below and dive deeper to learn more about the products you’re mos…
Remote Development with Coder and JetBrains Gateway
We are pleased to announce that we have joined forces with Coder to provide integration between Coder’s self-hosted cloud development platform and JetBrains Gateway, our remote development solution.
Redocly Brings Enhanced OpenAPI Experience to JetBrains IDEs
Starting from IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2, we have joined forces with Redocly Inc., one of the industry leaders in API documentation solutions. Using Redocly technologies in IntelliJ IDEA, GoLand, PyCharm, PhpStorm, Rider, and WebStorm will help you create clean and functional API docs from which you can r…