JetBrains Student Program: How to Renew & Graduation Discount

It’s been a bit more than a year since we first launched our free Student License Program, and today we are really pleased that more than 230,000 students worldwide have made the choice to use JetBrains tools for educational purposes.

JetBrains Student Program

All licenses provided as part of the Student License Program are valid for one year. As the full year has already passed for thousands of the first program applicants, we’d like to update you on the Student License renewal process.

As long as you’re a student or teacher, you’re welcome to keep taking advantage of the Student License Program and renew your Student License for the next year, free. Watch for an email reminder from us sent out one week before your license expires and click the enclosed link to renew. Alternatively, use the dedicated link in your JetBrains account.

In other exciting news, when you graduate from an educational institution (and thus no longer eligible to renew your Student License), we would like to offer our congratulations and give you a 25% Graduation discount compliments of JetBrains!

The Graduation discount can be used toward the purchase of a new personal subscription for any single JetBrains product or for the All Products pack. The discount is available to all former Student License Program users and should be redeemed within 1 year of the Student License expiration date. Use your JetBrains account to purchase the license, and the discount will be applied automatically.

Please note that the Graduation discount cannot be combined with a Student License renewal and is valid for 1 year subscriptions. However, should you renew your Student License, a similar Graduation offer will be available to you the next year around.

If you have graduated or will graduate within the first year of the Student License program, you’re also eligible for this discount, even if your email reminder was missing information about this. The discount is already active in your account, and we’ll notify all users with expired Student Licenses within a few days.

Please share this news about the Student License Program as we believe there are many more students over there who can benefit from this opportunity.

If for some reason you’re still unable to apply for the Student License Program, encourage your university or college to get a Classroom License for you and your classmates.

Visit jetbrains.com/student for more information and FAQs.

Have questions? Post a comment below.

Learn and develop with pleasure!
The JetBrains Team

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to JetBrains Student Program: How to Renew & Graduation Discount

1. George says:

Hi, I have a student license until May 2016 (on my student email). However, I’ve not really used any of the full applications (for educational purposes) because I’m working full time as a developer the past 1,5 year, so I’m using the community edition for developing at work.

Since I’m a Junior developer and I make little money so far, I was hesitant to buy the ultimate version, but this discount is too good to pass.

I have two questions
    1) Am I eligible for this offer or I have to wait for the student license to expire?
    2) I’m interested in the Full Pack, will I also be eligible for the additional discount the 2nd and 3d year, If I use the graduation discount? Thanks

• Mikhail Vink says:

Hi! I’m sorry for a delay with reply.

1. The offer will become available ~1w before the student license is expired. Feel free to contact our sales at sales@jetbrains.com if you’d like to take advantage of the discount earlier, they’ll be happy to assist you.
      2. The graduation discount is given for the first year only, but you’ll take advantage of the normal 2nd/3rd & onwards year discount after the first year (please refer to the buy page to learn more).

Thank you!

2. Samuel de Oliveira Lima says:

Sou estudante autodidata de linguagens C/C++, gostaria de obter
    uma licença gratuita do CLion mais recente se for possível.

3. Hemant Shinde says:

Myself student of Illinois Institute of Technology, want to use the WebStorm tool. Kindly let me know how can I avail the students subscription.

4. Sulfen says:

If I am still in school and I end up making a profitable app can I use this IDE to develop a money making app? Or will I have to upgrade at that point?

5. Zhengyu Wang says:

What happens when the student licence goes out of date? The student will be charged directly?

• Mikhail Vink says:

JetBrains will not automatically charge the student on the license expiration (and actually when requesting a student license you’re not providing any payment information to JetBrains (such as Credit Card number or PayPal account), so it’s not possible technically as well).

Upon the expiration of the student license you’ll get a reminder to update it for another year (if you’re still a student) or purchase a product with a graduation discount in JetBrains shop.

6. Soban Farooq says:

“As long as you’re a student or teacher, you’re welcome to keep taking advantage of the Student License Program and renew your Student License for the next year, free. ”

I’ll complete my graduation in three years. Will I able to use your products till I’m not a graduate or the license will be valid for two years?

Please can you clarify that?
    Thanks.

• Mikhail Vink says:

We’re not limiting how many years you can get a license as a student, so in your case it’ll be possible to use student license for three years (renewing it every year) and then get a graduation discount after the 3rd year.

7. Ares says:

Hi,

I have a the student license on my personal computer which is expiring in February 2017. I graduated in May 2016 and got my first job. I would like to purchase a single user license using the graduation discount to use on my work laptop. Will doing so deactivate my existing Student license on my personal computer? I’m not fully aware about the license policy, and I hope I am not violating it, but I was intending to use my existing student license (expiring in 02/2017) for my personal non-commercial learning projects.

Thanks.

• Mikhail Vink says:

Hi,

Getting a new license with Graduation Discount will not deactivate your Student license, but the discount is not available until about 2 weeks before the license expiration date. Could you please drop an email to sales@jetbrains.com describing the situation? My colleagues from sales department will give you the graduation discount earlier so that you can get a personal license.

Using your student license (expiring in 02/2017) for your personal non-commercial learning projects is totally fine.

Thanks!

8. Phi says:

Hi,

I have a personal account using my gmail and a student account using my student email. I have a concern that how can I got a graduation discount by my personal account since my student email will be removed after graduation.

Or can I update email/merge 2 my accounts after my graduation?

Phi.

9. Sanjay Bhat says:

Hi,
    Are the products, such as phpStorm and AppCode, valid only for 30 days even with a student account?

• Mikhail Vink says:

Student account gives you a 1-year subscription to these products, but there is of course an additional 30 days to evaluate the product beforehand. Do you have any problems in getting the student license to work with it?

10. Rahmatullah says:

Hi admin I have been using Phpstorm for a month as this editor is very help full to me and I am addicted to this editor but it requires licence I’d and I am a student it is difficult for me buy this product so how to create student account I have already have two Gmail account as I have already registered to this Web so I can’t use that again please help me how to create student acount and use your lovely products
    Looking forward to hearing from you

• Mikhail Vink says:

Hi Rahmatullah,
      You can request a free student “all products” pack following the link https://www.jetbrains.com/student/. Click “Apply Now”, provide a university-issued Email or ISIC number (or upload an official document), and the license will be delivered to you soon.
      Thanks!

11. Ilya says:

Hi! Thank you for such amazing products, Jetbrains!

I`ve been using student licence for year and now would like to renew it. I have the same ISIC card, which was extended (I am still studying), but when I press “Apply” button I have message “This ISIC/ITIC membership information does not seem to be valid. Please check entered name and/or ID.” What should I do?

12. D.K. Alshekaili says:

Hi,

Thanks for providing such a tool for education purposes at no cost for teachers and students. Do you have any licences for mass use of your products in academic institutions? For example, do you provide a licence that enables using IntelliJ IDEA IDE for a class of 30 students.

13. Jhonatan Santos da Cruz says:

Hi,

I believe I read it above but I want to make sure: my license is to be expired on February 27, 2017. I want to know if I’m elegible to renew my student license (still couple of years to graduate), after it’s expired, and more importantly, will I be warned of it’s expiration once it happens? Don’t I need to renew it before that days comes, as I read here somewhere (I believe it said 2 weeks)?

Thank you very much, and sorry for poor english!

14. Mike Futala says:

i am taking a class on CourseEra and would like to use your student license but I don’t have an email from Duke since this is a certificate program. Would I still qualify for the student license?

• Mikhail Vink says:

Online courses are not covered by the student program, so unfortunately it’s not possible to get a student license in this case. As of the license agreement (https://www.jetbrains.com/student/license_educational.html): “a student is an individual who is enrolled at a recognized tertiary educational institution (university or college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study, and upon request by Licensor is able to provide proof of such enrollment.”

15. Mike Futala says:

Ok, thanks. I will continue to use Netbeans.

16. Aniket says:

I am a student of 11th grade but I know programming and i use your clion ide to develop multi desktop applications and augmented reality apps. so i have not graduated yet. so for how long i can use the student license?

• Mikhail Vink says:

You’ll be able to prolong the license for one more year every time you can prove you’re still a student, so the overall time period depends on for how many years you’re going to study – there is no limit on our side. The only thing is – the check has to be passed once per year. Thanks!

17. Keyur says:

Hello, Sir I am student and I have licence still Feb 2017 so, Now I again start my master education so, Can I get the Licence Again or not?

• Mikhail Vink says:

Hello! Yes, sure, you can renew your student license, in this case, you should get an email about it one week before your license expires. If it’s not the case, please contact us at sales@jetbrains.com, and we’ll have a look.

18. We have 4 labs with 35 desktops each used by Computer Science and Engineering Students. Is there possibility of getting a single academic license for installing intellij idea in these labs?

19. mücahit says:

Hello,I am student and my license has expired.I couldn’t renew.Can you help me,please?

20. Thales Alves says:

Hello, Mikhail.

I’ve tried applying for the license a couple of times, but I didn’t get the email. I’d like to know if Universities worldwide are accepted (and if so, which ones). I work and study at the University of Mogi das Cruzes in Brazil (www.umc.br). Is my uni elligible? Can I apply for a student license?

21. Joseph Keane says:

I was wondering is 6th Form is included in this, and whether you can still get it if it doesn’t co-incide with any lessons at school. I intend to do CS at uni, but none of my courses this year involve it – I’ve been learning Java as a hobby

22. Joseph Keane says:

Hello,

I was wondering if UK 6th forms were part of this deal, and whether you have to be studying Computer Science in order to apply
    I currently use the free version with Java as a hobby, and plan to study CS at Uni in 1-2 years

Thanks!

• philipto says:

Yes, high school students are included, if they are 13 of age or older. You can request your free subscription if you are a student, it does not matter if you take a CS course. There are also other disciplines where JetBrains tools help, such as bioinformatics, math, physics, etc.