It’s nice to read stories from guys like Jeffrey Palermo. We highly recommend reading his Bread and butter Resharper post to everyone who uses ReSharper. It took him some time to discover the better part of ReSharper’s benefits, but seeing how he says, “I can’t imagine coding without it now”, we think it was worth it after all!
Actually, that’s why we started this blog – to get this sort of valuable information out so you can take advantage of it and not be left out.
Most of the functionality Jeffrey describes is also covered in detail on ReSharper Home. Please use the links below to learn more about these features:
- Optimize usings and Reformat code – see Code Formatting
- Find code file, Find file, Find usages, Find subclass (a.k.a. Go to inheritor), Show class Members, Recent files – see Navigation&Search
- Context-sensitive refactoring – see Refactoring
- Error analysis, Context help, and “Line-level refactoring” (also known as Quick-Fixes and Context Actions)- see Error Highlighting and Quick Fixes
- Live templates – see Code Templates
- Name suggestions – see Code Completion
- Generate Code – see Code Generation
And of course, much more information can be found in ReSharper online help.