GoLand 2023.2 Reaches Beta!
The first Beta of GoLand 2023.2 is available!
You can get the Beta build via the Toolbox App, from our website, by using a snap package (for Ubuntu), or right from inside GoLand by selecting Check IDE updates for: Early Access Program in Settings | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Updates.
The Beta version provides all of the new features and improvements already announced during our current EAP cycle and expected in the major 2023.2 release.
Our recent EAP blog posts have more details about these updates, but here are some of the highlights:
- Improved integration with Go modules. You can now download all dependencies automatically on project open and after each change of the go.mod file. There is also a new quick-fix to update dependencies in go.mod to their recent versions. In addition, you can now disable vendoring on a per-project basis, for example, when you have a monorepo containing the vendor folder used by another language.
- The Migrate function parameter to method receiver refactoring. We have a new refactoring that can be used when you need to convert separate functions to methods of a type. There is also the Migrate method receiver to function parameter refactoring, which does the opposite and turns methods of a type to separate functions.
- We’ve implemented completion and checks for make function arguments.
- Other Go-related features include:
- Performance: there’s a new tool for easily generating shared indexes.
- Make sure to try our brand-new AI Assistant!
- You can now commit specific lines of code.
- We also have improvements for Docker integration and the Kubernetes plugin.
- User experience enhancements include:
- For the user interface, we have colored project headers in the new UI.
- The much-anticipated GitLab integration is available.
- We have also added the Kafka plugin.
- LSP API support is available for plugin developers.
- Don’t miss the improvements we’ve implemented for the HTTP Client and Swagger and OpenAPI support.
That’s it for today! We’d love to hear what you think about the new features. Contact us on Twitter, leave your comments here, open an issue in our tracker, or drop us a message in the Gophers Slack #goland channel. Thanks!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
GoLand 2023.2 EAP #7: LSP API Support, and HTTP Client Improvements
This build includes support for LSP API and improvements for HTTP Client.
GoLand 2023.2 EAP #5 Is Out with an Intention Action to Update Dependencies in go.mod
The fifth GoLand 2023.2 EAP build is now available!