IntelliJ IDEA 2021.1.1 Is Available
The release of IntelliJ IDEA 2021.1 didn’t go quite as we expected. Though we delivered a lot of major long-awaited features, there were several issues.
First and foremost, we want to sincerely apologize for the issues with our IDE and any lost time it has caused. We used the same rigorous QA procedures we usually do for this release, but unfortunately, they turned out to be insufficient. We are updating the procedures and adding automated tests for the next major release to avoid this situation happening again in the future.
We appreciate that you’ve reached out and helped us get to the root cause of the critical issues with indexes and Maven refresh. IntelliJ IDEA 2021.1.1 solves them. We’ll address the crash issues in our next bug-fix release, as they require more thorough investigation and effort.
Please upgrade to IntelliJ IDEA 2021.1.1 as soon as possible. You can get the new version from inside the IDE, with the Toolbox App, or using snaps for Ubuntu. It is also available for download from our website.
Other fixes that this version brings include:
- Fixed the problem with corrupted indexes that caused Find In Files to show no results. [IDEA-266391]
- Fixed Maven dependencies. [IDEA-255594]
- Gradle Run Configurations now use the correct working directory. [IDEA-265203]
- The IDE has stopped showing a data sharing consent popup with every launch. [IDEA-186369]
- Fixed the selection issue in Switcher and Recent Files. [IDEA-264890]
- Fixed the unnecessary resize of the Project view when you reopen projects. [IDEA-95456]
- Fixed the Open in terminal action to correctly open the project file directory. [IDEA-265230]
- Fixed the keyboard shortcut that shows hidden tool window bars. [IDEA-260589]
- Fixed the modal dialog freezes on macOS Big Sur. [IDEA-256329]
- Fixed the UI issues in the Commit view with the activated Chinese and Korean language packs. [IDEA-266367]
- Fixed the errors preventing new project creation and opening existing projects. [IDEA-222640]
- The IDE correctly displays an explicit search request at the top of the suggestions list. [IDEA-259137]
- Fixed an issue with an autodetected proxy configuration. [IDEA-266090]
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Is Out!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 has arrived! This blog post lists all of the notable updates delivered in the new version.
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2.5 Is Out!
The IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2.5 bug-fix update is now available. You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. You can also download it from our website. This update brings the following important fix: Pl…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2.4 Is Out!
We’ve just released another update for v2023.2. You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or by using snaps if you are a Ubuntu user. You can also download it from our website. This version brings the following refinements: …
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2.3 Is Out!
The new bug-fix update for IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 is now available! You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. You can also download it from our website. Below are the most notable fixes in the new version: …